House File 00000 Directory Index
The first 200 significant characters of the Bill Summary is provided
after each file for your convenience. The full Bill Summary is provided
in the Bill History for the file. For files without a Bill History, the
200 characters of the file itself is used.
- House File 1
- ... a moratorium on licenses to conduct gambling games at pari-mutuel racetracks or on excursion boats and providing an effective date.
- House File 2
- ... alternate and permanent access to a highway undergoing construction or maintenance.
- House File 3
- ... videos produced by the state to be captioned for deaf and hard-of-hearing persons.
- House File 4
- ... the office of city assessor in certain counties. Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 5
- ... immunity from assault charges for the use of force by a person to stop a fight or disturbance at a school or school function. (See Cmte. Bill HF 113)
- House File 6
- ...eliminating registration requirements for construction contractors.
- House File 7
- ... a deduction for payments made for health insurance and long-term health and nursing care coverage and providing a retroactive applicability date provision.
- House File 8
- ... the funding of state mandates.
- House File 9
- ... property taxation of property given to the state or a political subdivision upon which a life estate is retained.
- House File 10
- ...repealing the statute regulating general business franchises.
- House File 11
- ...establishing a residency requirement for arbitrators concerning public employee collective bargaining.
- House File 12
- ... the exemption of unassisted coin-operated motor vehicle wash, wax, and vacuum services from the state sales, services, and use taxes.
- House File 13
- ...prohibiting the use of animals as awards or prizes for winning games of skill or games of chance and subjecting violators to a penalty.
- House File 14
- ... windshield wiper operation and lighted headlamps, and making a penalty applicable.
- House File 15
- ...excluding wading and fishing from the definition of criminal trespass in nonmeandered, navigable streams.
- House File 16
- ... the exemption from the inheritance tax of property passing to certain relatives and providing an applicability date provision.
- House File 17
- ...increasing the percentage by which health insurance premium rates charged to certain small employers may vary.
- House File 18
- ... an impact study prior to approval of a general permit to discharge stormwater.
- House File 19
- ... the transfer or sale of a free deer hunting license by an owner or tenant of a farm unit.
- House File 20
- ... warnings of risks associated with alcoholic beverages, and providing a penalty.
- House File 21
- ... damage disclosure statements for used cars damaged by hail.
- House File 22
- ...allowing an individual income tax deduction for federal taxes paid under the Federal Insurance Contributions Act and the federal Railroad Retirement Tax Act and providing a retroactive applicability d
- House File 23
- ... the repeal of the inheritance tax on property passing to certain relatives and the phase out of the inheritance tax on property passing to other persons and providing an applicability date.
- House File 24
- ... arrests of persons who have been placed on probation for voluntary absence from a correctional facility.
- House File 25
- ... the repeal of the family farm tax credit and providing effective and applicability date provisions.
- House File 26
- ... the reduction in the sales, services, and use and rental and lease excise tax rates from five percent to four percent and providing applicability date provisions.
- House File 27
- ... the election of a political subdivision not to participate as a member of the Iowa individual health benefit reinsurance association.
- House File 28
- ...appropriating funding for local housing programs from real estate transfer tax revenues.
- House File 29
- ... the authority of the state board of educational examiners to develop a code of professional rights and responsibilities, practices, and ethics for practitioners.
- House File 30
- ...to legalize certain city and county deeds and conveyances. (See Cmte. Bill HF 114)
- House File 31
- ... the registration fee for ex-prisoner of war motor vehicle plates and providing effective and retroactive applicability dates.
- House File 32
- ... the taxation of pensions, annuities, and retirement allowances received for the purposes of state individual income tax, and providing a retroactive applicability date.
- House File 33
- ...creating a deer population control council, providing for its membership, compensation, and duties, and providing for other properly related matters.
- House File 34
- ... the exemption from sales, services, and use taxes of adjuvants and surfactants used to enhance the application of fertilizers, limestone, herbicides, pesticides, and insecticides in agricultural prod
- House File 35
- ... the state income tax checkoff for domestic abuse services and providing a retroactive applicability date. (See Cmte. Bill HF 330)
- House File 36
- ... a minimum age requirement for a coaching authorization issued by the state board of educational examiners.
- House File 37
- ...changing the closing hour of precinct polling places.
- House File 38
- ...to exclude claims of unlawful forfeiture of a reduction of sentence from the grounds for postconviction relief and making related changes.
- House File 39
- ...to prohibit the intentional tossing, throwing, or expelling of bodily fluids or material on correctional employees by inmates, and providing penalties. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 542)
- House File 40
- ... arbitrator considerations in binding arbitration of public employment collective bargaining disputes and providing effective and applicability dates.
- House File 41
- ... the public employee collective bargaining law by requiring an appropriation prior to implementing items in a collective bargaining award to state employees, and providing effective and applicability
- House File 42
- ... the registration fee for ex-prisoner of war motor vehicle plates.
- House File 43
- ... transportation assistance aid to a school district and making an appropriation.
- House File 44
- ... the taxation of real property used in the operation of a racetrack or racetrack enclosure.
- House File 45
- ...exempting services provided by licensed massage therapists from the state services tax. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 2550)
- House File 46
- ... state reimbursements to local governments for certain property tax credits and exemptions, requiring full funding of the cost of exemptions and credits, and providing applicability date provisions.
- House File 47
- ... information centers in rest areas on interstate or primary highways. (See Cmte. Bill HF 383)
- House File 48
- ...prohibiting the use of small or young animals as awards or prizes for winning games of skill or games of chance and providing a penalty.
- House File 49
- ...providing a property tax exemption for property leased under the federal elder cottage housing opportunity program and providing a retroactive effective date.
- House File 50
- ... school finance by providing for additional enrollment for school district transportation costs based upon a school district enrollment sparsity factor.
- House File 51
- ... professional engineers and engineering standards involved in the approval of permits for confinement swine feeding operations.
- House File 52
- ...to prohibit sex acts when one participant was prevented from resisting by a schedule I controlled substance and providing penalties. (See Cmte. Bill HF 449)
- House File 53
- ... the taxation of real property used in the operation of a racetrack or racetrack enclosure.
- House File 54
- ... the time and method of distribution of local option sales and services tax receipts.
- House File 55
- ... tinted windows and making a penalty applicable.
- House File 56
- ... the elimination of the sales, services, and use taxes on job placement services.
- House File 57
- ...exempting fees for temporary employment services from the state sales, services, and use taxes.
- House File 58
- ... fees charged by an employer for copies of items in an employee's personnel file. Effective 7-1-98.
- House File 59
- ... eligibility for unemployment compensation benefits for temporary employees of a temporary employment firm.
- House File 60
- ...providing for the automatic, periodic repeal of administrative rules.
- House File 61
- ... free deer hunting licenses issued to owners of farm units.
- House File 62
- ...establishing physical injury indicators of child abuse and physical abuse and neglect as used in the juvenile justice code.
- House File 63
- ... the issuance of free deer hunting licenses to landowners.
- House File 64
- ...providing for the radio-based communications system transmission of communicable disease information relative to persons being sought or assisted by certain persons in an emergency situation and provi
- House File 65
- ...prohibiting the operation of a motorboat while intoxicated, providing for chemical testing of suspected violators, and subjecting violators to penalties.
- House File 66
- ... an income tax checkoff for juvenile programs and domestic abuse services and including retroactive applicability date provisions.
- House File 67
- ... the state sales and use tax exemption on certain items related to the manufacturing process. (See Cmte. Bill HF 126)
- House File 68
- ...adopting the uniform transfer on death security registration Act.
- House File 69
- ...counties to levy taxes and issue bonds to finance and operate zoos and zoological gardens.
- House File 70
- ... refunds of unexpired vehicle registration fees.
- House File 71
- ... the notification requirements imposed on an excavator under the one-call program.
- House File 72
- ... excluding property held in an annuity from the probate estate and from inclusion in the calculation of compensation for personal representatives.
- House File 73
- ...providing immunity from civil liability for an employer who acts reasonably in providing information about a current or former employee of the employer.
- House File 74
- ...prohibiting the commercial harvest of timber in state parks and subjecting violators to a penalty.
- House File 75
- ... marketing, educational, and informational expenses of the lottery.
- House File 76
- ... the human immunodeficiency virus, establishing penalties, and making penalties applicable.
- House File 77
- ... postsecondary education costs under a child support order.
- House File 78
- ...to increase the penalties for vehicular homicide.
- House File 79
- ... the voting powers of certain persons whose children participate in school district open enrollment.
- House File 80
- ... the sale of school textbooks and supplies by school officers and employees.
- House File 81
- ... the qualifications for the successful completion of an approved hunter safety and ethics education course. Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 82
- ... an award of attorney fees in an action to enforce a mechanic's lien.
- House File 83
- ...providing for the establishment of a lien by licensed professionals against damages collected by an injured patient.
- House File 84
- ...providing that member contributions under certain public retirement systems are considered employer contributions for state income tax purposes, and providing applicability and effective date provisio
- House File 85
- ... the operator of a motor vehicle who caused a traffic accident in which a fatality occurred to take an operator's examination to maintain an operator's license.
- House File 86
- ...appropriating additional state aid to school districts for at-risk pupils and providing effective and applicability date provisions.
- House File 87
- ... the issuing of temporary orders for support, custody, or visitation of a child born outside of marriage. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 371)
- House File 88
- ... passage of state tax legislation.
- House File 89
- ...persons other than veterinarians to implant microchips beneath the skin of animals.
- House File 90
- ... the offense of operating a watercraft while intoxicated and providing penalties and other related matters.
- House File 91
- ... a sales tax exemption for certain aircraft and providing an effective date.
- House File 92
- ... eligibility for receipt of moneys under the school improvement technology program. Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 93
- ...providing for the issuance of free deer hunting licenses to owners and tenants of farmland.
- House File 94
- ...including sexual offenses committed by a member of a child's immediate family under the child abuse reporting and disposition law.
- House File 95
- ... aircraft registration fees. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 2560)
- House File 96
- ...repealing the state inheritance tax and providing for the Act's applicability.
- House File 97
- ... state reimbursement to local units of government and renters to fund credits granted under the homestead tax credit, military service tax exemption and credit, and the extraordinary low-income elderl
- House File 98
- ... the relationship between a real estate broker or salesperson and parties to residential property real estate transactions. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 644)
- House File 99
- ... establishing medical savings accounts and associated tax incentives and a state pilot project and including applicability and effective date provisions.
© 1998 Cornell College and
League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Wed Jul 1 13:48:14 CDT 1998