Bills Sponsored by Representative Christopher Rants
- House File
- House File 2584 ( BH ): ... the dissolution of the Iowa housing corporation and providing an effective date.
- House File 2579 ( BH ): ...creating a tobacco settlement authority Act, authorizing the issuance of bonds, providing for a repeal, and providing an effective date. Effective 5-19-00.
- House File 2576 ( BH ): ...providing a death benefit for certain volunteer emergency services providers killed in the line of duty and providing a standing appropriation.
- House File 2575 ( BH ): ...providing financial assistance to communities and school districts by creating a school infrastructure program and fund, continuing the community attraction and tourism development program and fund, c...
- House File 2566 ( BH ): ... eligibility for United States armed forces retired special motor vehicle license plates. (See Cmte. Bill HF 2573) ...
- House File 2565 ( BH ): ... tobacco use prevention and control and providing an effective date. Effective 5-15-00.
- House File 2082 ( BH ): ...establishing covenant marriages and providing an effective date.
- House File 2059 ( BH ): ...making an appropriation to the commission of veterans affairs for a contribution toward the construction of a national World War II memorial. Effective 7-1-00.
- House File 2033 ( BH ): ...making an appropriation to the commission of veterans affairs for a contribution toward the construction of a national World War II memorial.
- House File 2017 ( BH ): ...allowing the state department of transportation to use primary road fund moneys for dust control on certain municipal streets.
- House File 735 ( BH ): ... establishing a presumption that infectious diseases are work-related for purposes of disability and death benefits under the statewide fire and police retirement system.
- House File 522 ( BH ): ...providing civil and criminal immunity for a school employee related to the employee's participation in reporting and investigating violence, threats of violence, or other inappropriate activity agains...
- House File 521 ( BH ): ... the licensure and operation of employment agencies and providing a penalty. Effective 7-1-99.
- House File 473 ( BH ): ... the reversion of unencumbered moneys received by certain entities from the Iowa finance authority and providing an effective date.
- House File 468 ( BH ): ... the state sales and use taxes by exempting storm water drainage services, specifying that city services provided by contracted individuals are exempt, specifying fees for organized athletic sports sp...
- House File 433 ( BH ): ... the exclusion of certain transactions involving a public utility or common carrier from the applicability of the consumer credit code.
- House File 416 ( BH ): ... the local option sales tax for school infrastructure, and including an effective date and retroactive applicability provision. (See Cmte. Bill HF 609) ...
- House File 415 ( BH ): ... the notification of an emergency care provider of exposure to a contagious or infectious disease.
- House File 389 ( BH ): ... an insurer recovering restitution from a criminal offender.
- House File 377 ( BH ): ... the number of monthly state aid payments received by school districts. (See Cmte. Bill HF 607) ...
- House File 338 ( BH ): ... the amount of the fee for an amendment to a certificate of limited partnership and an amendment to an application for registration of a foreign limited partnership.
- House File 324 ( BH ): ...prohibiting the transmission of electronic mail which includes advertisements in certain circumstances and providing for monetary damages, criminal penalties, and other remedies. (See Cmte. Bill HF 44...
- House File 236 ( BH ): ...providing a credit to retailers for timely filing state sales tax returns and depositing state sales tax collected.
- House File 167 ( BH ): ... telecommunications services which may be provided by a city utility and including effective date and retroactive applicability provisions.
- House File 141 ( BH ): ... payments from the remedial account of the Iowa comprehensive petroleum underground storage tank fund to governmental subdivisions for costs of corrective actions taken due to certain releases from un...
- House File 118 ( BH ): ... the manufacture or delivery of methamphetamine, placing restrictions on bail, and providing penalties.
- House File 114 ( BH ): ... civil actions by limiting the use of evidence regarding the failure to wear a safety belt; limiting damages; providing immunity due to misuse, failure to maintain, or alteration of a product; elimina...
- House File 57 ( BH ): ... the tuition charged for courses at the institutions of higher learning under the control of the state board of regents.
- House File 56 ( BH ): ... requirements for statements of account issued to students by each community college and institution of higher learning under the control of the state board of regents and providing an effective date.
- House File 26 ( BH ): ...applying the death penalty or life imprisonment for the offense of first degree murder, by establishing circumstances under which the death penalty will be applied, by providing a minimum age for impo...
- House File 25 ( BH ): ... protections provided an enrollee of a health maintenance organization and making remedies and penalties applicable.
- House File 23 ( BH ): ...alcohol testing of private sector employees and prospective employees and providing an effective date.
- House File 22 ( BH ): ...providing for an increase in the regular program foundation base per pupil, the regular program foundation base per pupil for the portion of weighted enrollment that is additional enrollment because o...
- House File 20 ( BH ): ... the family investment program and food stamp benefits by providing for the ineligibility of individuals convicted of certain felony offenses involving a controlled substance and providing an applicab...
- House File 19 ( BH ): ...increasing the child and dependent care credit under the state individual income tax and including a retroactive applicability date provision.
- House File 18 ( BH ): ...establishing the crime of consumer fraud against an older person and providing penalties.
- House File 17 ( BH ): ... practitioner preparation and professional development for beginning and experienced educators.
- House File 16 ( BH ): ...providing for the elimination of special education deficits incurred by school districts and making an appropriation.
- House File 15 ( BH ): ...to change the penalty applicable to the distribution of methamphetamine by adults to persons under eighteen years of age.
- House File 14 ( BH ): ... early elementary reading assessments, creating a grant program, and making an appropriation.
- House File 13 ( BH ): ... law enforcement activities directed at the manufacturing and distribution of methamphetamine, making related appropriations to various state agencies, and increasing penalties relating to the illegal...
- House File 12 ( BH ): ...increasing the tuition tax credit under the individual income tax and including a retroactive effective date provision.
- House File 10 ( BH ): ... the funding of state mandates.
- House File 9 ( BH ): ...increasing the personal exemption credit for dependents under the state individual income tax and including a retroactive effective date provision.
- House File 8 ( BH ): ...reducing the state individual income tax by ten percent and including an effective date provision.
- House File 7 ( BH ): ...eliminating the state inheritance tax and providing for the Act's applicability.
- House File 6 ( BH ): ...exempting social security benefits from the state individual income tax and including a retroactive effective date provision.
- House File 5 ( BH ): ...providing an exemption from state individual income tax for pension and retirement pay received and providing a retroactive applicability date.
- House File 4 ( BH ): ...providing additional funding for pupils in school districts experiencing increases in enrollment, making an appropriation, and providing an effective date.
- House File 3 ( BH ): ... recoverable noneconomic damage limitations in legal actions arising out of motor vehicle accidents by certain persons.
- House File 2 ( BH ): ...establishing English as the common language of the state.
- House File 1 ( BH ): ...making an appropriation to the department of education for allocation to school districts for purposes of class size reduction, school discipline, and reading improvement.
- House Resolution
- House Concurrent Resolution
- House Concurrent Resolution 102 ( BH ): ...relating to a joint convention, Wednesday, January 12, 2000 at 10:00 a.m., Chief Justice McGiverin deliver his condition of the judicial branch message.
- House Concurrent Resolution 101 ( BH ): ...relating to a joint convention, Tuesday, January 11, 2000, at 10:00 a.m., Governor Vilsack to deliver condition of the state and budget message.
- House Concurrent Resolution 7 ( BH ): ...providing for the establishment of a committee by the Legislative Council to conduct a study of economic development issues related to the distribution of goods.
- House Joint Resolution
- House Joint Resolution 2014 ( BH ): ...authorizing the temporary use and consumption of wine in the State Capitol in conjunction with the awards ceremony of the World Food Prize Foundation. Effective 7-1-00.
- House Joint Resolution 2010 ( BH ): ...affirming the commitment in accordance with Iowa's general fund expenditure limitation law to enactment of a balanced budget that is in conformance with generally accepted accounting principles and th...
- House Joint Resolution 2007 ( BH ): ...to nullify administrative rules of the Iowa empowerment board concerning Iowa empowerment grants and school ready children grants and providing an effective date.
- House Joint Resolution 1 ( BH ): ...proposing amendments to the Constitution of the State of Iowa relating to the state budget by limiting state general fund expenditures and restricting certain state tax revenue changes.
© 1999 Cornell College and
League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Wed Oct 4 03:35:01 CDT 2000