Bills Sponsored by Representative Teresa Garman
- House File
- House File 2313 ( BH ): ... the temporary confinement of inmates in county jail facilities.
- House File 2276 ( BH ): ... the establishment of a senior living program, including the creation of a senior living trust fund, providing for the development and provision of senior living program information and electronic acc...
- House File 2229 ( BH ): ... informed consent provisions relating to an abortion and providing civil remedies and criminal penalties.
- House File 2164 ( BH ): ... the reversion to the Iowa finance authority of unencumbered moneys received by certain nonprofit corporations from the Iowa finance authority and providing an effective date. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 237...
- House File 2073 ( BH ): ...providing for crediting of telephone rebates for inmates of correctional institutions to the general fund of the state.
- House File 2059 ( BH ): ...making an appropriation to the commission of veterans affairs for a contribution toward the construction of a national World War II memorial. Effective 7-1-00.
- House File 2034 ( BH ): ... operating a motorboat or sailboat while intoxicated and providing penalties. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 2331) ...
- House File 2033 ( BH ): ...making an appropriation to the commission of veterans affairs for a contribution toward the construction of a national World War II memorial.
- House File 2014 ( BH ): ...exempting from the state sales and use taxes the sales of bottled, or otherwise packaged, water for human consumption.
- House File 2011 ( BH ): ...prohibiting body piercing of persons less than eighteen years of age without prior written notarized consent of a parent, providing for injunctive relief, and providing a penalty. (See Cmte. Bill HF ...
- House File 2003 ( BH ): ...providing for the incorporation of a practical demonstration component in an examination to obtain licensure as a practitioner of cosmetology arts and sciences.
- House File 735 ( BH ): ... establishing a presumption that infectious diseases are work-related for purposes of disability and death benefits under the statewide fire and police retirement system.
- House File 523 ( BH ): ...providing for the distribution and accounting of earnings from private employers of inmates of institutions under the control of the department of corrections. (See Cmte. Bill HF 722) ...
- House File 473 ( BH ): ... the reversion of unencumbered moneys received by certain entities from the Iowa finance authority and providing an effective date.
- House File 423 ( BH ): ...prohibiting the loaning of money for gambling purposes through a credit card or an electronic or mechanical device at a licensed gambling facility. (See Cmte. Bill HF 715) ...
- House File 421 ( BH ): ... a study by the department of corrections of the operation of the private industry employment of inmates program.
- House File 351 ( BH ): ... required conditions applying to agreements to provide private industry employment for inmates of correctional institutions.
- House File 284 ( BH ): ... the time limit when a taxpayer may receive a refund for erroneous property taxes paid and including an effective and applicability date provision. (See Cmte. Bill HF 535) (See Cmte. Bill HF 755) ...
- House File 283 ( BH ): ... exemptions from vehicle registration requirements for travel trailers placed in storage.
- House File 274 ( BH ): ... the medical care deduction when itemizing deductions under the state individual income tax and including a retroactive applicability date provision.
- House File 204 ( BH ): ... cigarettes and tobacco products by prohibiting that such products be given away and by prohibiting giving of other items as part of a sale of such cigarettes and tobacco products and making penalties...
- House File 193 ( BH ): ... the operational control of the state medical examiner.
- House File 192 ( BH ): ... the age of personal watercraft operators, subjecting violators to a penalty, and providing an effective date.
- House File 191 ( BH ): ... the time period for continuation of insurance coverage under a group policy after the date such coverage would have ended because of termination of employment or membership.
- House File 123 ( BH ): ... the offense of operating a watercraft while intoxicated and providing penalties and other related matters. (See Cmte. Bill HF 693) ...
- House File 121 ( BH ): ... the compensation of judicial magistrates.
- House File 77 ( BH ): ...establishing restrictions on contributions to political campaigns and making penalties applicable.
- House File 76 ( BH ): ...providing for a cause of action for a wrongful mechanic's lien.
- House File 39 ( BH ): ... the exemption from the sales, services, and use taxes of heat for use in residential-type dwellings and for fuel used to provide heat for residential-type dwellings and providing an applicability dat...
- House File 24 ( BH ): ...incorporating phonics into the educational standards for kindergarten through grade three.
- House File 22 ( BH ): ...providing for an increase in the regular program foundation base per pupil, the regular program foundation base per pupil for the portion of weighted enrollment that is additional enrollment because o...
- House File 16 ( BH ): ...providing for the elimination of special education deficits incurred by school districts and making an appropriation.
- House File 13 ( BH ): ... law enforcement activities directed at the manufacturing and distribution of methamphetamine, making related appropriations to various state agencies, and increasing penalties relating to the illegal...
- House File 11 ( BH ): ...providing for a one hundred one percent budget guarantee for school districts, and providing an effective date.
- House File 9 ( BH ): ...increasing the personal exemption credit for dependents under the state individual income tax and including a retroactive effective date provision.
- House File 7 ( BH ): ...eliminating the state inheritance tax and providing for the Act's applicability.
- House File 6 ( BH ): ...exempting social security benefits from the state individual income tax and including a retroactive effective date provision.
- House File 5 ( BH ): ...providing an exemption from state individual income tax for pension and retirement pay received and providing a retroactive applicability date.
- House File 4 ( BH ): ...providing additional funding for pupils in school districts experiencing increases in enrollment, making an appropriation, and providing an effective date.
- House File 1 ( BH ): ...making an appropriation to the department of education for allocation to school districts for purposes of class size reduction, school discipline, and reading improvement.
- House Resolution
- House Concurrent Resolution
- House Concurrent Resolution 121 ( BH ): ...to urge and petition the United States Department of Agriculture to make lands which are under the conservation reserve program eligible for grazing by livestock.
- House Concurrent Resolution 105 ( BH ): ...demanding the Iowa Housing Corporation return state moneys to the Iowa Finance Authority and requesting the Iowa Finance Authority to honor contractual obligations with the Iowa Housing Corporation.
- House Joint Resolution
- House Joint Resolution 2010 ( BH ): ...affirming the commitment in accordance with Iowa's general fund expenditure limitation law to enactment of a balanced budget that is in conformance with generally accepted accounting principles and th...
© 1999 Cornell College and
League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Wed Oct 4 03:35:01 CDT 2000