Bills Sponsored by Senator Mike Connolly
- Senate File
- Senate File 2304 ( BH ): ...providing for the joint construction or acquisition, furnishing, operation, and maintenance of public buildings by a county, city, and school district. (SF 2405).
- Senate File 2300 ( BH ): ... the establishment of a retaining our achievers loan program and fund to be administered by the college student aid commission.
- Senate File 2299 ( BH ): ... the establishment of an early childhood and elementary education improvement program and making an appropriation.
- Senate File 2276 ( BH ): ... the establishment of a behavioral disorders teacher shortage loan payment program and fund, and alternative education options schools and programs, and making appropriations.
- Senate File 2240 ( BH ): ...providing for the establishment of an Iowa reading initiative program and making an appropriation.
- Senate File 2238 ( BH ): ...providing for expansion of the family resource center program and making an appropriation.
- Senate File 2223 ( BH ): ...increasing the amount of the child and dependent care credit and including a retroactive applicability date provision ...
- Senate File 2195 ( BH ): ...creating a hope scholarship tax credit.
- Senate File 2172 ( BH ): ...providing for the creation of an Iowa educational savings plan trust, addressing tax aspects, and containing applicability provisions.
- Senate File 2165 ( BH ): ... an individual income tax credit for tuition and fees paid to attend an accredited private college or university in Iowa and providing an effective and retroactive applicability date provision.
- Senate File 2158 ( BH ): ... school finance, by providing advance funding for new students based upon increased student enrollment, making an appropriation, and providing an effective and applicability date.
- Senate File 2128 ( BH ): ...increasing the dependent credit under the individual income tax and including a retroactive applicability date provision.
- Senate File 2127 ( BH ): ... the establishment of a rewarding Iowa's students educationally scholarship program.
- Senate File 2114 ( BH ): ... establishment of a midwest museum of the arts.
- Senate File 2107 ( BH ): ... statewide comprehensive early child development services for at-risk four-year-old children and making an appropriation.
- Senate File 2092 ( BH ): ...exempting from the sales, services, and use taxes sales made and services furnished to nonprofit hospitals and nonprofit nursing homes.
- Senate File 2084 ( BH ): ... school infrastructure, establishing a school infrastructure fund, and making an appropriation.
- Senate File 2075 ( BH ): ... the creation of a dental hygiene committee within the board of dental examiners. Effective 7-1-98.
- Senate File 2056 ( BH ): ...prohibiting discriminatory practices based upon a person's sexual orientation.
- Senate File 2045 ( BH ): ... the establishment of a class size reduction weighting program and increasing the physical plant and equipment levy limit for eligible school districts.
- Senate File 524 ( BH ): ... preparation and approval of urban renewal plans and urban revitalization plans.
- Senate File 517 ( BH ): ... bidding procedures at tax sales.
- Senate File 452 ( BH ): ... school infrastructure funding, providing an income tax exemption for the interest earned on certain bonds, and making an appropriation.
- Senate File 447 ( BH ): ...limiting the civil liability of bowling center operators who post notices and comply with certain safety standards.
- Senate File 440 ( BH ): ...establishing a biological diversity program.
- Senate File 439 ( BH ): ... certain departments to submit to the general assembly biennial reports on expenditures for economic development programs.
- Senate File 413 ( BH ): ... the establishment of a middle school youth services grant program and making an appropriation.
- Senate File 412 ( BH ): ... the operation of bingo games.
- Senate File 386 ( BH ): ... advanced placement award programs and providing for appropriations.
- Senate File 353 ( BH ): ... the establishment of a class size reduction weighting program and increasing the physical plant and equipment levy limit for eligible school districts.
- Senate File 265 ( BH ): ... qualifications for participation in the postsecondary enrollment options program.
- Senate File 264 ( BH ): ...eliminating a component from an alternative to the annual achievement evaluations required to assess the academic progress of children receiving private instruction. (SF 483).
- Senate File 263 ( BH ): ... four-year competitive demonstration grants for certain school districts for the establishment of alternative education programs for certain at-risk students and making an appropriation.
- Senate File 262 ( BH ): ...permitting the transfer of campaign funds after a candidate has not served in public office for more than five years.
- Senate File 261 ( BH ): ... deducting a set amount from federal adjusted gross income before deducting net operating loss in computing state net income under the state individual income tax and including a retroactive applicabi...
- Senate File 220 ( BH ): ... the establishment of a council for voluntary high standards and assessment development and to the adoption of voluntary model content standards and assessments by the state board of education and by ...
- Senate File 200 ( BH ): ... safety barriers for highway construction sites.
- Senate File 191 ( BH ): ...establishing an Iowa wins scholarship program and making an appropriation.
- Senate File 170 ( BH ): ... the establishment of an education technology levy, providing for an education technology purchasing pool, an education technology loan program, providing intent language relating to a mobile unit to ...
- Senate File 169 ( BH ): ... legal settlement regarding community-based providers of treatment or services. (SF 522).
- Senate File 168 ( BH ): ... school attendance and safety by providing for notification to schools by peace officers of the possession of alcohol or controlled substances by juveniles, providing that certain identifying informat...
- Senate File 167 ( BH ): ... the protection of blufflands by creating a blufflands protection revolving fund, by empowering the soil conservation division of the department of agriculture and land stewardship to establish a bluf...
- Senate File 151 ( BH ): ...allowing an individual income tax deduction for certain federal taxes paid under the Federal Insurance Contributions Act and the federal Railroad Retirement Tax Act and providing a retroactive applica...
- Senate File 102 ( BH ): ...creating a board of dental hygiene examiners. (SF 477).
- Senate File 78 ( BH ): ... media services programs and articulated sequential elementary-secondary guidance programs in schools and school districts.
- Senate File 77 ( BH ): ...prohibiting the cancellation of certain warranties upon the transfer of certain property or goods.
- Senate Resolution
- Senate Resolution 6 ( BH ): ...honoring Des Moines Mayor Arthur Davis for his many contributions to the city of Des Moines and the state of Iowa.
- Senate Concurrent Resolution
- Senate Concurrent Resolution 108 ( BH ): ...expressing support of conservation efforts in the Mississippi Blufflands.
- Senate Concurrent Resolution 103 ( BH ): ...encouraging the federal government to ease restrictions on the immediate removal from the classroom of students behaving violently or disruptively and requesting an appropriation increase to assist in...
- Senate Joint Resolution
- No Senate Joint Resolution sponsored.
Iowa General Assembly
Search: Legislation Sponsored by Senators (77th General Assembly)
© 1997 Cornell College and
League of Women Voters of Iowa
Last update: Wed Jul 1 13:40:03 CDT 1998