Bills Sponsored by Representative Christopher Rants
- House File
- House File 2368 ( BH ): ...establishing a healthy and well kids in Iowa (HAWK-I) program to provide health insurance to eligible children. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 2517) ...
- House File 2296 ( BH ): ... income tax credits for donations of new or used computers to elementary or secondary schools in the state and providing effective and applicability date provisions.
- House File 2280 ( BH ): ...devoting sales, services, and use tax revenues from the charges paid to a provider for access to on-line computer services for appropriation to the department of education for the school improvement t...
- House File 2269 ( BH ): ... permissible physical contact involving students. Effective 7-1-98.
- House File 2255 ( BH ): ...exempting antimicrobial pesticides from the registration fee for pesticides.
- House File 2186 ( BH ): ... the continued placement of a child with a foster parent who is a prospective adoptive parent for the child during a termination of parental rights proceeding.
- House File 2182 ( BH ): ...providing for a study of gambling and its impact on this state, making an appropriation, and providing an effective date.
- House File 2169 ( BH ): ...raising the limit on the amount of assets subject to a conservatorship in cases where a private nonprofit corporation serves as conservator and providing for an increase in the amount of assets in a m...
- House File 2130 ( BH ): ...providing additional funding for pupils in school districts experiencing increases in enrollment, making an appropriation, and providing an effective date.
- House File 2125 ( BH ): ... permitting the display of new motor trucks by nonresident motor vehicle dealers at qualified events in this state, establishing a fee, and providing an effective date. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 2392) ...
- House File 2104 ( BH ): ... the transportation between school districts of students participating in open enrollment.
- House File 2101 ( BH ): ... gambling by imposing a moratorium on the number and types of gambling games and slot machines authorized in this state and on new licenses to conduct gambling on excursion gambling boats, and by limi...
- House File 2098 ( BH ): ...prohibiting the performance of partial-birth abortions, establishing a cause of action for violation of the prohibition, and providing penalties.
- House File 2095 ( BH ): ...applying the death penalty or life imprisonment, by establishing the offense of capital murder, by providing a minimum age for imposition of a death sentence, by providing for review of death sentence...
- House File 2081 ( BH ): ...allowing a single payment from a garnishee subject to multiple garnishments to the entity receiving the garnished earnings, and providing conditions.
- House File 2079 ( BH ): ...to permit out-of-state peace officers to act within this state pursuant to agreements between state or local authorities. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 2262) ...
- House File 2076 ( BH ): ...the imposition of a local option sales and services tax for school infrastructure projects and the issuance of bonds, and providing an effective date. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 2282) ...
- House File 2071 ( BH ): ...exempting internet and other on-line services from the state sales, services, and use taxes.
- House File 719 ( BH ): ... school finance, including increasing the adjusted gross receipts tax on certain gambling activities, providing for school vertical infrastructure funding, and providing for on-time funding of new stu...
- House File 717 ( BH ): ...to legalize the proceedings taken by the Sergeant Bluff city council to grant an urban revitalization tax exemption for certain property and providing an effective and retroactive applicability date.
- House File 558 ( BH ): ... the Iowa higher education loan authority by eliminating the limit on the amount of its obligations that may be outstanding for purposes of funding capital projects and allowing the authority to issue...
- House File 524 ( BH ): ... the regulation of employment agencies.
- House File 503 ( BH ): ... the state workers' compensation coverage for students participating in school-to-work programs and providing for related matters.
- House File 356 ( BH ): ... county enforcement of state law against confinement feeding operations and making penalties applicable.
- House File 316 ( BH ): ... the reduction in the state individual income tax rates and providing a retroactive applicability date provision.
- House File 302 ( BH ): ...increasing the speed limit on interstate and fully controlled-access, divided, multilaned highways for certain motor vehicles. (See Cmte. Bill HF 403) ...
- House File 280 ( BH ): ... the offense of driving a motor vehicle when a license has been revoked or denied for driving while intoxicated, financial liability coverage and registration requirements for motor vehicles in this s...
- House File 245 ( BH ): ...allowing a judge to order a defendant convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated to participate in a reality education substance abuse prevention program. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 513) ...
- House File 230 ( BH ): ... school finance, by providing for on-time funding for new students based upon increased student enrollment, making an appropriation, and providing an effective date.
- House File 224 ( BH ): ...establishing English as the common language of the state.
- House File 216 ( BH ): ...creating an environmental audit privilege and providing penalties. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 681) ...
- House File 133 ( BH ): ... the offering of point of service plan options in certain health benefit plans. Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 130 ( BH ): ...applying the death penalty or life imprisonment, by establishing the offense of capital murder, by providing a minimum age for imposition of a death sentence, excluding mentally ill persons from impos...
- House File 121 ( BH ): ... notification procedures prior to the performance of an abortion on or termination of parental rights of a minor and applicable penalties and providing for a repeal. Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 118 ( BH ): ... workers' compensation coverage for employment outside of the state.
- House File 117 ( BH ): ... activities of a foreign corporation which do not constitute doing business in or deriving income from the state for state tax purposes and including effective and retroactive applicability date provi...
- House File 112 ( BH ): ... the procedures for disposition of the contents of a decedent's safe deposit box.
- House File 76 ( BH ): ... the human immunodeficiency virus, establishing penalties, and making penalties applicable.
- House File 60 ( BH ): ...providing for the automatic, periodic repeal of administrative rules.
- House File 59 ( BH ): ... eligibility for unemployment compensation benefits for temporary employees of a temporary employment firm.
- House File 58 ( BH ): ... fees charged by an employer for copies of items in an employee's personnel file. Effective 7-1-98.
- House File 57 ( BH ): ...exempting fees for temporary employment services from the state sales, services, and use taxes.
- House File 56 ( BH ): ... the elimination of the sales, services, and use taxes on job placement services.
- House File 55 ( BH ): ... tinted windows and making a penalty applicable.
- House File 54 ( BH ): ... the time and method of distribution of local option sales and services tax receipts.
- House Resolution
- House Resolution 107 ( BH ): ...honoring Representatives Charles Poncy, Delwyn Stromer, and Harold Van Maanen for their years of legislative service.
- House Resolution 2 ( BH ): ...for the appointment of a committee of one to arrange for opening the sessions with prayer.
- House Resolution 1 ( BH ): ...for the appointment of clerks, secretaries and pages.
- House Concurrent Resolution
- House Concurrent Resolution 117 ( BH ): ...requesting that the legislative council establish an interim study committee to consider increasing the percent of oxygen by weight in motor vehicle fuel.
- House Concurrent Resolution 104 ( BH ): ...providing for the establishment of a committee by the Legislative Council to conduct a study of economic development issues related to the distribution of goods.
- House Concurrent Resolution 23 ( BH ): ...to request that the Congress of the United States maintain and renew its commitment to America's corn growers and this nation's ethanol industry by supporting a tax exemption and by taking other actio...
- House Concurrent Resolution 8 ( BH ): ...requesting the United States Environmental Protection Agency to retain existing national ambient air quality standards for ozone and particulate matter, conduct additional research on ozone and partic...
- House Joint Resolution
- House Joint Resolution 2004 ( BH ): ...designating by name an official highest elevation in the State of Iowa.
- House Joint Resolution 5 ( BH ): ...proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the State of Iowa relating to the equality of rights of men and women under the law. Sent to Sec. of State.
Iowa General Assembly
Search: Legislation Sponsored by Representatives (77th General Assembly)
© 1997 Cornell College and
League of Women Voters of Iowa
Last update: Wed Jul 1 13:43:11 CDT 1998