Legislative Information Office (LIO)
The Legislative Information Office (LIO) provides nonpartisan information and materials concerning the Iowa General Assembly and the legislative process in Iowa to interested persons.
- General public
- International visitors
- Members of interest groups
- Governmental agencies
In addition, the LIO provides the following services during the legislative session and interim.
- Publishes dozens of informational publications in print and on the Internet.
- Acts as the International Protocol Office, welcoming international guests and dignitaries.
- Responds to inquiries for information on legislative procedures, legislative schedules, legislators, and the status and identification of bills.
- Offers educational presentations to groups about the legislative process.
- Provides an assortment of unique Iowa gifts for purchase by legislators and legislative staff.