The Director's Office is located on the ground floor of the Capitol Building. The director performs the following functions:
- Employs persons with expertise to perform the legal, fiscal, technical, and other functions which are required to be performed by the Legislative Services Agency.
- Supervises all employees of the agency and supervises any outside service providers retained by the agency.
- Supervises all expenditures of the agency.
- Supervises the legal and fiscal analysis and legal publication functions of the agency.
- Supervises the government oversight and program evaluation functions of the agency.
- Supervises the committee staffing functions of the agency.
- Supervises the computer systems services functions of the agency.
- Supervises the legislative and library information, legislative visitor protocol, and capitol tour guide functions of the agency.
- Performs other functions as assigned to the director by the Legislative Council or the General Assembly.