Order Legal Publications
Easy Ways to Obtain Legal Publications
1. Online Ordering – Please note online orders can be paid with credit card, ACH check, or inter-departmental transfers (for state agencies). Click here to begin the online order process.
2. Mail – Please note payment by check is required. Click here to view and print the order form.
3. Walk-in – Same day service is available at the Capitol Gift Shop on the ground floor of the Iowa Capitol Building. The Capitol Gift Shop is open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday and 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday. The office is closed on state holidays. At the Gift Shop you can purchase legal publications and pay the required fee by cash, credit card, check, or money order.
4. Publication Cycles and Pricing - A new edition of a legal publication is produced for sale and delivery to customers according to a publication cycle of either one or two years. A new edition of the printed versions of the Iowa Acts and Iowa Court Rules, and the electronic version of the Iowa Law Infobase are published each year. A new edition of the printed version of the Iowa Code is published each even-numbered year. The printed version of the Iowa Official Register or “Redbook” is published each odd-numbered year. A new edition of a legal publication is first available for sale at the standard price on the date the price is posted on this Internet site which is generally during the second week of September. Once a current publication becomes out of date, it’s price is discounted. The discounted price takes effect on the day it is posted on this Internet site which is generally before July 1. The publication cycle for legal publications is as follows:
Prior to the production and delivery of a new edition, its prior “archived” edition is available for sale at a reduced price while supplies last. A free electronic version of a legal publication is also available on the General Assembly’s internet site.
5. Should you have any technical questions, please call our Help Desk at 515.281.6506. If you have questions about about the status of an order, please call Eileen Gerken at 515.281.6766.
Please note that a processing fee of $15 is charged for refunds.