Bills Sponsored by Representative Donna Barry
- House File
- House File 2462 ( BH ): ... the election of a local exchange carrier to be price-regulated and providing an effective date.
- House File 2449 ( BH ): ...creating an Iowa empowerment board for managing state and community efforts involving community empowerment areas and providing effective dates. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 2507) ...
- House File 2431 ( BH ): ... an increase in the voter-approved community college facilities levy.
- House File 2368 ( BH ): ...establishing a healthy and well kids in Iowa (HAWK-I) program to provide health insurance to eligible children. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 2517) ...
- House File 2326 ( BH ): ... contracts for the medical and surgical treatment and care of indigent persons.
- House File 2314 ( BH ): ...providing for the designation of a state poet laureate.
- House File 2206 ( BH ): ... the creation of a dental hygiene committee within the board of dental examiners.
- House File 2182 ( BH ): ...providing for a study of gambling and its impact on this state, making an appropriation, and providing an effective date.
- House File 2137 ( BH ): ... the issuance of ex-prisoner of war motor vehicle registration plates to surviving spouses.
- House File 2130 ( BH ): ...providing additional funding for pupils in school districts experiencing increases in enrollment, making an appropriation, and providing an effective date.
- House File 2098 ( BH ): ...prohibiting the performance of partial-birth abortions, establishing a cause of action for violation of the prohibition, and providing penalties.
- House File 522 ( BH ): ... the establishment of tax-free renaissance zones in urban and rural areas for economic development and providing an applicability date.
- House File 512 ( BH ): ... maximum amounts allowed to be garnisheed from an employee's earnings.
- House File 405 ( BH ): ... the sale, lease, or other disposition of property belonging to a school district or area education agency and providing an immediate effective date. Effective 5-26-97.
- House File 317 ( BH ): ... veterans' benefits, veterans preference, veterans' claims, and providing a penalty.
- House File 316 ( BH ): ... the reduction in the state individual income tax rates and providing a retroactive applicability date provision.
- House File 273 ( BH ): ... establishing a tourism-related small business development program and making an appropriation.
- House File 269 ( BH ): ...extending the regular program district cost guarantee for school districts for one year and providing an effective date.
- House File 230 ( BH ): ... school finance, by providing for on-time funding for new students based upon increased student enrollment, making an appropriation, and providing an effective date.
- House File 224 ( BH ): ...establishing English as the common language of the state.
- House File 142 ( BH ): ... the hunting of deer with a pistol or revolver and providing a penalty. Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 140 ( BH ): ... the closing hour of precinct polling places.
- House File 133 ( BH ): ... the offering of point of service plan options in certain health benefit plans. Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 132 ( BH ): ... the liability of persons involved in domesticated animal activities. Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 130 ( BH ): ...applying the death penalty or life imprisonment, by establishing the offense of capital murder, by providing a minimum age for imposition of a death sentence, excluding mentally ill persons from impos...
- House File 121 ( BH ): ... notification procedures prior to the performance of an abortion on or termination of parental rights of a minor and applicable penalties and providing for a repeal. Effective 7-1-97.
- House Resolution
- House Resolution 104 ( BH ): ...regarding the intent of the House of Representatives that interest groups form an advisory committee to develop recommendations to reduce the frequency of abortions and unplanned pregnancies in the st...
- House Concurrent Resolution
- House Concurrent Resolution 117 ( BH ): ...requesting that the legislative council establish an interim study committee to consider increasing the percent of oxygen by weight in motor vehicle fuel.
- House Concurrent Resolution 116 ( BH ): ...recognizing and commending the efforts of organizers of the Iowa Summit on Volunteerism.
- House Concurrent Resolution 7 ( BH ): ...recognizing the women who served Iowa as state legislators through Iowa's sesquicentennial year, 1996, and celebrating 100 years of women elected to state legislatures.
- House Concurrent Resolution 4 ( BH ): ...requesting the Congress of the United States to submit to the States for ratification a balanced budget amendment to the United States Constitution.
- House Joint Resolution
- House Joint Resolution 2004 ( BH ): ...designating by name an official highest elevation in the State of Iowa.
- House Joint Resolution 2002 ( BH ): ...proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the State of Iowa relating to protection of taxpayers' rights by limiting the growth rate of taxes, revenue, and spending of the state government and by i...
- House Joint Resolution 15 ( BH ): ...proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the State of Iowa relating to the residency qualifications of members of the Iowa senate and the Iowa house of representatives and providing an applicabil...
- House Joint Resolution 7 ( BH ): ...proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the State of Iowa relating to the passage of certain state tax laws.
- House Joint Resolution 5 ( BH ): ...proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the State of Iowa relating to the equality of rights of men and women under the law. Sent to Sec. of State.
Iowa General Assembly
Search: Legislation Sponsored by Representatives (77th General Assembly)
© 1997 Cornell College and
League of Women Voters of Iowa
Last update: Wed Jul 1 13:43:11 CDT 1998