Bills Sponsored by Education
- Senate File
- Senate File 2352 ( BH ): ...providing additional funding for at-risk programs and providing an effective date. (Formerly SSB 3182).
- Senate File 2351 ( BH ): ...establishing a fire safety fund as a revolving loan fund for school districts and making an appropriation. (Formerly SSB 3184).
- Senate File 2340 ( BH ): ...encouraging school districts to establish volunteer programs that utilize retired teachers and administrators as volunteer mentors and aides. (Formerly SF 2204).
- Senate File 2339 ( BH ): ... the authority of the state board of educational examiners to develop a code of professional rights and responsibilities, practices, and ethics for practitioners. (Formerly SF 2037).
- Senate File 2338 ( BH ): ...providing for a school investment partnership pilot program. (Formerly SSB 3180).
- Senate File 2331 ( BH ): ... the interest a member of the board of directors of a school corporation may have in a contract with the director's school corporation. (Formerly SSB 3199.) Effective 7-1-00.
- Senate File 2328 ( BH ): ... sexual offenses occurring on community college and university campuses and private postsecondary school premises.
- Senate File 2318 ( BH ): ... the establishment of Iowa charter schools. (Formerly SF 2211).
- Senate File 2294 ( BH ): ... payment of education costs for certain juvenile facilities and providing an effective date. (Formerly SF 2059). Effective 4-20-00.
- Senate File 2267 ( BH ): ... the board of directors of a school district to enter into a compact with parents and guardians by adopting a school promotion policy for grade three level students and providing for related matters.
- Senate File 2255 ( BH ): ...making an appropriation and allocating moneys to school districts to pay for the costs of making technology available to students attending accredited nonpublic schools. (Formerly SF 2053).
- Senate File 2252 ( BH ): ...eliminating the future repeal of the school finance formula and providing for periodic legislative review. (Formerly SSB 3164.) Effective 7-1-00.
- Senate File 2248 ( BH ): ... the college student aid commission's membership, duties, and authority, and related federal employment reports. (Formerly SSB 3157). Effective 7-1-00.
- Senate File 2238 ( BH ): ... the use of school improvement technology program and school improvement technology block grant program moneys by school districts and area education agencies to employ or contract with information te...
- Senate File 2163 ( BH ): ...providing for the utilization of budget enrollment in determining gifted and talented program funding, and providing an effective date. (Formerly SSB 3111.) ...
- Senate File 2121 ( BH ): ...providing for additional local funding authority under the instructional support levy for school districts. (Formerly SSB 3089). (SF 2445).
- Senate File 2111 ( BH ): ... certain school finance formula provisions and providing an effective date. Effective 4-6-00.
- Senate File 2082 ( BH ): ... the establishment of the state percent of growth for purposes of the state school foundation program and providing an applicability date. (Formerly SSB 3054). Effective 7-1-00.
- Senate File 441 ( BH ): ...providing an exemption from certain requirements of self-insured dental insurance plans provided by school corporations. Effective 7-1-00.
- Senate File 425 ( BH ): ... state school aid for budget years commencing with the budget year beginning July 1, 1999, and making appropriations and including effective and applicability date provisions. (Formerly SSB 1195).
- Senate File 412 ( BH ): ... the establishment of a country schools historical resource preservation grant program to be administered by the historical division of the department of cultural affairs and providing for an appropri...
- Senate File 393 ( BH ): ...providing for the joint construction or acquisition, furnishing, operation, and maintenance of public buildings by counties, cities, fire districts, and school districts and providing for joint issuan...
- Senate File 292 ( BH ): ...providing for the designation of investigative information possessed by the board of educational examiners as privileged and confidential. (Formerly SSB 1070.) Effective 7-1-00.
- Senate File 266 ( BH ): ...providing for an increase in the community college facilities levy. (Formerly SF 140).
- Senate File 232 ( BH ): ... the establishment of a beginning teacher induction program and making an appropriation. (Formerly SF 40).
- Senate File 228 ( BH ): ...school districts and nonpublic schools to perform certain abuse record checks. Effective 7-1-00.
- Senate File 173 ( BH ): ... the description of disabilities of individuals receiving vocational rehabilitation services. (Formerly SSB 1104). Effective 7-1-99.
- Senate File 50 ( BH ): ...providing additional funding for certain school districts that have either decreasing or increasing enrollments by extending the regular program district cost guarantee and by providing on-time fundin...
- Senate File 49 ( BH ): ... the establishment of the state percent of growth for purposes of the state school foundation program, and providing an applicability date. (Formerly SSB 1036).
- Senate Resolution
- No Senate Resolution sponsored.
- Senate Concurrent Resolution
- Senate Concurrent Resolution 18 ( BH ): ...requesting the Department of Education to cooperate with the Iowa Arts Council in administering a contest for students to submit design proposals for Iowa's participation in the United States Mint's 5...
- Senate Concurrent Resolution 7 ( BH ): ...recognizing and endorsing Read Across America Day, and calling for the citizens of the State of Iowa to reaffirm the importance and the joy of reading. (Formerly SSB 1157).
- Senate Joint Resolution
- No Senate Joint Resolution sponsored.
© 1999 Cornell College and
League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Tue Aug 29 13:35:04 CDT 2000