Bills Sponsored by Senator Steve King
- Senate File
- Senate File 2230 ( BH ): ...providing that bonds issued for school infrastructure purposes shall be exempt from state income tax. (SF 2451).
- Senate File 2208 ( BH ): ... the development and use of a distribution formula by the Iowa state university of science and technology in conjunction with the department of revenue and finance for revenues collected from the loca...
- Senate File 2192 ( BH ): ... the distribution of tax revenues from the local option school infrastructure sales and services tax collected in a county and providing an effective and applicability date provision.
- Senate File 2162 ( BH ): ... the establishment of a tobacco settlement endowment fund.
- Senate File 2075 ( BH ): ...establishing covenant marriages and providing an effective date.
- Senate File 2070 ( BH ): ... the tuition tax credit under the individual income tax and including a retroactive applicability date provision.
- Senate File 2024 ( BH ): ...making an appropriation to the commission of veterans affairs for a contribution toward the construction of a national World War II memorial.
- Senate File 417 ( BH ): ... the distribution to school districts of the tax receipts from the local sales and services tax for school infrastructure purposes and including an effective and applicability date provision.
- Senate File 363 ( BH ): ... limitations of liability pertaining to certain construction contracts. (SF 444).
- Senate File 357 ( BH ): ...creating an Iowa products of high quality commission.
- Senate File 340 ( BH ): ...providing for drug and alcohol testing of public sector employees and prospective public sector employees, establishing a civil penalty, and providing an effective date.
- Senate File 332 ( BH ): ... public policy involving the use of the English language and assistance to legal immigrants and foreign nationals and providing a future repeal. (SF 449).
- Senate File 328 ( BH ): ...establishing a tourism 2000 fund and providing for activities related to a tourism 2000 congress.
- Senate File 298 ( BH ): ... the liability of volunteer fire departments for penalties for occupational safety and health violations.
- Senate File 274 ( BH ): ...creating a loess hills preservation and development alliance, providing for its membership, powers and duties, and providing for other properly related matters. (SF 315).
- Senate File 259 ( BH ): ... the criteria for evaluation of lakes for the purpose of improvement or rehabilitation. (SF 418).
- Senate File 255 ( BH ): ... subjects of child abuse reports by providing for monitoring and review of state officials, employees, and judicial compliance with requirements under law and providing an effective date.
- Senate File 179 ( BH ): ... requests and hearings for correction and expungement of child abuse information.
- Senate File 172 ( BH ): ...reducing the state individual income tax by five percent and including a retroactive applicability date provision.
- Senate File 161 ( BH ): ... limitations on certain political contributions and expenditures, and providing and applying a penalty.
- Senate File 134 ( BH ): ...prohibiting processors and certain other entities from owning, controlling, or operating a feedlot and making penalties applicable.
- Senate File 133 ( BH ): ...reducing the state individual income tax by ten percent and including a retroactive applicability date provision.
- Senate File 132 ( BH ): ...increasing the tuition tax credit under the individual income tax and including a retroactive effective date provision.
- Senate File 125 ( BH ): ... the speed limit on interstate and fully controlled-access, divided, multilaned highways.
- Senate File 54 ( BH ): ...establishing English as the official language of the state.
- Senate File 48 ( BH ): ...limiting the number of terms and years of service a person may serve as Iowa secretary of agriculture and including applicability and effective date provisions.
- Senate File 15 ( BH ): ...eliminating the state inheritance tax and providing for the Act's applicability.
- Senate Resolution
- Senate Resolution 128 ( BH ): ...congratulating members of the Denison, Iowa, academic decathlon team.
- Senate Resolution 117 ( BH ): ...congratulating the Drake Women's basketball team.
- Senate Resolution 116 ( BH ): ...congratulating the Iowa State Cyclones Men's basketball team.
- Senate Resolution 115 ( BH ): ...congratulating the Iowa State Cyclones Women's basketball team.
- Senate Resolution 111 ( BH ): ...to prominently display the Ten Commandments in the Iowa Senate chamber.
- Senate Resolution 110 ( BH ): ...to honor Cedar Rapids Gazette Statehouse reporter and senior editor Ken Sullivan.
- Senate Resolution 104 ( BH ): ...honoring Kayne Robinson, Chairman of the Republican Party of Iowa, and the Republican Party of Iowa for outstanding achievements in bringing about nationwide recognition for the year 2000 presidential...
- Senate Resolution 13 ( BH ): ...congratulating the University of Iowa Hawkeyes Wrestling Team.
- Senate Concurrent Resolution
- Senate Concurrent Resolution 14 ( BH ): ...urging congressional action to reject the plan by the United States Census Bureau to use statistical sampling in reporting population data to the states for purposes of redistricting.
- Senate Concurrent Resolution 12 ( BH ): ...urging that Iowa State University of Science and Technology retain the name of its College of Agriculture.
- Senate Joint Resolution
- Senate Joint Resolution 10 ( BH ): ...requesting the proposal of an amendment to the Constitution of the United States on the subject of judicial taxation.
- Senate Joint Resolution 5 ( BH ): ...proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the State of Iowa to limit the years of service for members of the Senate and the House of Representatives, and to limit the years of service for Governor...
- Senate Joint Resolution 1 ( BH ): ...proposing amendments to the Constitution of the State of Iowa relating to the state budget by limiting state general fund expenditures and restricting certain state tax revenue changes. Effective 7-1-...
© 1999 Cornell College and
League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Tue Aug 29 13:35:04 CDT 2000