Senator Joe Bolkcom
- Appropriations (01/14/2013 - null)
- Commerce (01/14/2013 - null)
- Human Resources (01/14/2013 - null)
- Natural Resources and Environment (01/14/2013 - null)
- Ways and Means (Chair) (01/14/2013 - null)
- Health and Human Services Appropriations Subcommittee (01/14/2013 - 01/12/2015)
- Fiscal Committee (01/14/2013 - null)
- Tax Expenditure Committee (01/14/2013 - null)
- Cannabidiol Implementation Study Committee (07/10/2014 - null)
- Mental Health and Disability Services Redesign Fiscal Viability Study Committee (08/01/2013 - null)
- Property Assessment Appeal Board Review Committee (01/14/2013 - 06/30/2013)
- Watershed Planning Advisory Council (01/28/2013 - 01/11/2015)
Serving fourth term in Senate.
Outreach and Community Education Director, UI Center for Global and Regional Environmental Research, and the Iowa Flood Center.
University of Iowa, Masters of Arts, Public Affairs, 1988. Saint Ambrose University, Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, 1985. Black Hawk College, Moline, Illinois, Associate of Arts, Political Science, 1978.
Memberships and Activities
Member of Iowa Chapter of Sierra Club, Iowa Environmental Council, Iowa Bicycle Coalition, American Federation of Teachers, Local 716, and Progressive States Network, board chairman.
Birth and Residence
Born in 1956 in Bloomington, Minnesota. Resides in Iowa City.