Representative Zach Nunn View All Years
Serving second term in House.
Cybersecurity entrepreneur, small business owner, military officer, and Drake University professor.
Graduated from Southeast Polk High School. Received B.A. degrees in political science and international relations from Drake University, magna cum laude. Received master of studies in international security from Cambridge University, U.K., first-degree honors.
Major with the U.S. Air Force. Active duty veteran, now stationed with Iowa Air National Guard’s 132nd Wing. Served three combat tours overseas with over 700 air combat hours.
Memberships and Activities
Serves on the board of the Harkin Institute for Public Policy & Citizen Engagement, Drake University’s National Alumni Board, Saints John & Paul’s Knights of Columbus, Altoona Chamber of Commerce, Bondurant American Legion, and participates in efforts to reduce East Polk human trafficking and homelessness.
Birth and Residence
Born in 1979 in Story City. Raised in Altoona and resides in Bondurant.
Wife, Kelly; two daughters and one son.
87th GA (2017)
- Administration and Rules (01/11/2016 - 01/13/2019)
- Economic Growth (01/11/2016 - 01/13/2019)
- Judiciary (Chair) (01/22/2018 - 08/09/2018)
- Judiciary (08/09/2018 - 01/13/2019)
- Ways and Means (02/20/2015 - 01/13/2019)
- Administration Committee (Vice Chair) (02/03/2017 - 01/13/2019)
- International Relations Committee (01/09/2017 - 01/13/2019)
- Legislative Council (01/09/2017 - 01/13/2019)
- Tax Expenditure Committee (12/03/2015 - 10/12/2018)
- Criminal and Juvenile Justice Planning Advisory Council (04/04/2018 - 01/13/2019)
- Economic Development Authority Board (04/07/2017 - 01/13/2019)
- Public Safety Advisory Board (01/22/2018 - 01/13/2019)