Senator Julian B. Garrett
Boards and Commissions
- Appropriations (01/14/2013 - 11/22/2013)
- Education (01/14/2013 - 11/22/2013)
- Human Resources (01/14/2013 - 11/22/2013)
- Judiciary (01/14/2013 - 11/22/2013)
- Justice System Appropriations Subcommittee (Vice Chair) (01/14/2013 - 11/22/2013)
- Elder Abuse Prevention and Intervention Study Committee (08/19/2013 - 11/22/2013)
- Child Support Advisory Committee (04/16/2013 - 11/22/2013)
- Human Rights Board (04/16/2013 - 11/21/2013)
Served two terms in House. Serving first term in Senate.
Attorney and farmer.
Graduated from Central College in Pella and the University of Iowa College of Law.
Memberships and Activities
Vice chair of the Justice System Appropriations Subcommittee. Member of Farm Bureau. Served 12 years as Assistant Attorney General in charge of Consumer Protection. Former volunteer Little League and soccer coach, served on the Indianola Little League Board of Directors, and coached middle school mock trial teams. Member of the Lutheran Church (Missouri Synod).
Birth and Residence
Born in 1940 in Des Moines. Raised near Pella and resides in Warren County.
Wife, Nancy; three sons.