Representative Thomas R. Sands View All Years
- General Assembly: 85 (01/14/2013 - 01/11/2015) ▼
- General Assembly: 86 (01/12/2015 - 01/08/2017)
- General Assembly: 85 (01/14/2013 - 01/11/2015)
- General Assembly: 84 (01/10/2011 - 01/13/2013)
- General Assembly: 83 (01/12/2009 - 01/09/2011)
- General Assembly: 82 (01/08/2007 - 01/11/2009)
- General Assembly: 81 (01/10/2005 - 01/07/2007)
- General Assembly: 80 (01/13/2003 - 01/09/2005)
85 (2013) - 86 (2015)
Serving sixth term in House.
Assistant vice president, Columbus Junction State Bank, certified real estate appraiser, and farm owner.
Graduated from Columbus Community High School and attended Muscatine Community College.
Memberships and Activities
Served on Columbus Junction City Council. Served as finance chair for city of Columbus Junction. Former township trustee for Concord Township, and Louisa County Republican Central Committee chair. Charter member of the Sons of the American Legion and past first commander. Member of Iowa Corn Growers Association, National Corn Growers Association, Iowa Soybean Association, Iowa Cattlemen’s Association, Masonic Lodge, Kaaba Shriner, Des Moines Scottish Rite, National Rifle Association, Farm Bureau, and Mediapolis United Methodist Church. Past certified lay speaker.
Birth and Residence
Born in 1954 in Muscatine. Resides in Wapello.
Wife, Catherine J. Miller-Sands; two sons, one daughter, and seven grandchildren.
85th GA (2013)