Senator William A. Dotzler Jr.
- Appropriations (01/14/2013 - null)
- Economic Growth (01/14/2013 - 01/12/2015)
- Human Resources (01/14/2013 - null)
- Labor and Business Relations (01/14/2013 - null)
- Ways and Means (01/14/2013 - null)
- Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee (Chair) (01/14/2013 - null)
- Tax Expenditure Committee (01/14/2013 - null)
- Cannabidiol Implementation Study Committee (07/10/2014 - null)
- Iowa Rivers and Waterways Study Committee (08/01/2013 - null)
- Iowa Skilled Worker and Job Creation Fund Study Committee (08/01/2013 - null)
- Commission on Aging (01/28/2013 - 01/12/2015)
- Iowa Innovation Council (01/28/2013 - 01/12/2015)
- Iowa Workforce Development Board (01/28/2013 - 01/12/2015)
- Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement Governing Board (10/18/2013 - 01/12/2015)
Served three terms in House. Serving third term in Senate.
Retired machine operator and labor representative at Deere & Company.
Received A.A. from North Iowa Area Community College and B.A. (cum laude) from the University of Northern Iowa.
Served in the U.S. Army in military intelligence with top secret clearance in Berlin.
Memberships and Activities
Currently serves on the Black Hawk Gaming Commission, Iowa Innovation Council, Small Business Development Council, Iowa Workforce Development Board, Iowa’s Jobs for America’s Graduates Board, the Streamline Sales Tax Governing Board, and the Iowa Commission on Aging. Visiting Nursing Association (past president), Cedar Trails Partnership (charter president), Friends of Hartman Reserve Nature Center (past president), lifetime member of AMVETS Post 31, Area 7 Regional Advisory Board, and charter member of Black Hawk Leadership. Served as labor representative on the Private Industry Council. Recipient of the Governor’s Lifesaving Award and Volunteer Award.
Birth and Residence
Born in 1948 in St. Paul, Minnesota. Resides in Waterloo.
One daughter and one grandson.