Senator Charles Schneider
- Commerce (01/14/2013 - null)
- Economic Growth (01/14/2013 - null)
- Government Oversight (06/05/2014 - 01/12/2015)
- Judiciary (Ranking Member) (01/14/2013 - null)
- State Government (01/08/2014 - 01/12/2015)
- Veterans Affairs (01/14/2013 - 01/08/2014)
- Ways and Means (01/14/2013 - 01/12/2015)
- Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee (01/14/2013 - 01/12/2015)
- Cannabidiol Implementation Study Committee (07/16/2014 - null)
- Medical Malpractice Study Committee (08/06/2013 - null)
- Stray Electric Current and Agriculture Study Committee (08/06/2013 - null)
- Capitol Planning Commission (01/22/2013 - 01/12/2015)
- Criminal and Juvenile Justice Planning Advisory Council (01/22/2013 - 01/12/2015)
- Public Safety Advisory Board (01/22/2013 - 02/25/2013)
- Public Safety Advisory Board (02/26/2013 - 01/12/2015)
Serving first term in Senate.
Counsel at Principal Financial Group.
B.A. from Creighton University, J.D. and MBA from University of Iowa.
Memberships and Activities
West Des Moines City Councilman, 2007–2013. Served on the boards of Central Iowa Shelter and Services, West Des Moines Development Corporation, West Des Moines Chamber of Commerce, Metro Waste Authority, and Wastewater Reclamation Authority. Graduate of Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute, 2006–2007, and Leadership Iowa, 2003–2004. Des Moines Business Record’s Forty Under 40, 2007. Member of Knights of Columbus.
Birth and Residence
Born in 1973 in Davenport. Raised in Muscatine, Clive, Newton, and Richmond, Virginia. Resides in West Des Moines.