Senator Liz Mathis View All Years
- General Assembly: 85 (01/14/2013 - 01/11/2015) ▼
- General Assembly: 89 (01/11/2021 - 01/08/2023)
- General Assembly: 88 (01/14/2019 - 01/10/2021)
- General Assembly: 87 (01/09/2017 - 01/13/2019)
- General Assembly: 86 (01/12/2015 - 01/08/2017)
- General Assembly: 85 (01/14/2013 - 01/11/2015)
- General Assembly: 84 (01/10/2011 - 01/13/2013)
Serving second term in the Senate.
Administrator of Four Oaks, child welfare and juvenile justice agency.
Received B.A. from the University of Iowa.
Memberships and Activities
Ohnward Bank Board and Wartburg College Board of Regents, Iowa Public Health Advisory Council legislative member, Wartburg Commission on Mission Service Task Force, Women’s Leadership Conference Committee, and University of Iowa Journalism School Professional Advisory Board. Former member of State Judicial Qualifications Commission, Waterloo Family Services League, and Black Hawk County YMCA.
Birth and Residence
Born in 1958 in rural DeWitt. Raised in rural DeWitt, resides in Cedar Rapids.
Husband, Mark; one son and one daughter.
85th GA (2013)