Representative Linda L. Upmeyer View All Years
- General Assembly: 83 (01/12/2009 - 01/09/2011) ▼
- General Assembly: 88 (01/14/2019 - 01/10/2021)
- General Assembly: 87 (01/09/2017 - 01/13/2019)
- General Assembly: 86 (01/12/2015 - 01/08/2017)
- General Assembly: 85 (01/14/2013 - 01/11/2015)
- General Assembly: 84 (01/10/2011 - 01/13/2013)
- General Assembly: 83 (01/12/2009 - 01/09/2011)
- General Assembly: 82 (01/08/2007 - 01/11/2009)
- General Assembly: 81 (01/10/2005 - 01/07/2007)
- General Assembly: 80 (01/13/2003 - 01/09/2005)
Serving fourth term in House.
Nurse Practitioner (ARNP-c).
Received A.D.N. in nursing from North Iowa Area Community College, B.S.N. from the University of Iowa, and M.S.N. nurse practitioner from Drake University.
Memberships and Activities
Past member of Hancock County Republican Central Committee. Member of Zion Evangelical and Reformed Church, Farm Bureau, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, Iowa Society of Nurse Practitioners, Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society, Omicron Delta Kappa National Leadership Honor Society, Phi Theta Kappa. Former trustee for North Iowa Area Community College and former board member of both the national and Iowa Association of Community College Trustees. Served on American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) Board of Directors, ALEC Public Sector Chair of Health and Human Services Task Force, Midwestern Legislative Conference Executive Committee, Toll Fellow, 2006, and Bowhay Institute for Legislative Leadership Development (BILLD), 2004.
Birth and Residence
Born in 1952 in Garner. Resides on a farm near Garner.
Husband Doug; four sons, one daughter, and two grandsons.
83rd GA (2009)
- Economic Growth (01/12/2009 - 11/09/2009)
- Legislative Commission on Affordable Health Care Plans for Small Businesses and Families (06/14/2007 - 06/30/2009)
- Legislative Health Care Coverage Commission (07/01/2009 - 01/01/2011)
- Medicaid Program Drug Product Selection Study Committee (07/10/2008 - 06/30/2009)
- Healthy and Well Kids in Iowa (HAWK-I) Board (06/04/2009 - 08/09/2009)
- Iowa Economic Development Board (02/19/2009 - 08/02/2009)
- Legislative Health Care Coverage Commission (06/30/2009 - 11/19/2009)
- Medical Assistance Quality Improvement Council (03/09/2009 - 08/02/2009)