Senator Amanda Ragan View All Years
- General Assembly: 83 (01/12/2009 - 01/09/2011) ▼
- General Assembly: 89 (01/11/2021 - 01/08/2023)
- General Assembly: 88 (01/14/2019 - 01/10/2021)
- General Assembly: 87 (01/09/2017 - 01/13/2019)
- General Assembly: 86 (01/12/2015 - 01/08/2017)
- General Assembly: 85 (01/14/2013 - 01/11/2015)
- General Assembly: 84 (01/10/2011 - 01/13/2013)
- General Assembly: 83 (01/12/2009 - 01/09/2011)
- General Assembly: 82 (01/08/2007 - 01/11/2009)
- General Assembly: 81 (01/10/2005 - 01/07/2007)
- General Assembly: 80 (01/13/2003 - 01/09/2005)
- General Assembly: 79 (01/08/2001 - 01/12/2003)
Serving second term in Senate.
Executive director of the Community Kitchen of North Iowa, Inc., and the Mason City Meals on Wheels.
Graduated from Rockwell-Swaledale High School. Received A.A. from North Iowa Area Community College and B.A. (cum laude) in human services from Buena Vista University.
Memberships and Activities
Member of Healthy and Well Kids in Iowa hawk-i Board, Child Welfare Advisory Committee, Mason City Chamber of Commerce, Charles City Chamber of Commerce, Osage Chamber of Commerce, Mason City Sunrise Rotary, Francis Lauer Youth Services Board of Directors; member North Iowa Band Festival Planning Committee, former member of the Buena Vista University Alumni Foundation, and past member of Northern Lights Homeless Shelter Board.
Birth and Residence
Born in 1954 in Mason City. Resides in Mason City.
Husband Jim; two children and four grandchildren.
83rd GA (2009)
- Adult Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities (MH/DD) Stakeholder Task Force (07/01/2009 - 06/30/2010)
- Legislative Commission on Affordable Health Care Plans for Small Businesses and Families (06/16/2008 - 06/30/2009)
- Medicaid Elderly Waiver Program Study Committee (07/01/2008 - 06/30/2009)
- Prescription Medication Usage Study Committee (07/01/2009 - 06/30/2010)
- Child Welfare Advisory Committee (01/28/2009 - 08/19/2010)
- Healthy and Well Kids in Iowa (HAWK-I) Board (01/28/2009 - 08/09/2009)
- Senior Living Coordinating Unit (01/28/2009 - 07/01/2009)