Senator David Johnson View All Years
- General Assembly: 82 (01/08/2007 - 01/11/2009) ▼
- General Assembly: 87 (01/09/2017 - 01/13/2019)
- General Assembly: 86 (01/12/2015 - 01/08/2017)
- General Assembly: 85 (01/14/2013 - 01/11/2015)
- General Assembly: 84 (01/10/2011 - 01/13/2013)
- General Assembly: 83 (01/12/2009 - 01/09/2011)
- General Assembly: 82 (01/08/2007 - 01/11/2009)
- General Assembly: 81 (01/10/2005 - 01/07/2007)
- General Assembly: 80 (01/13/2003 - 01/09/2005)
- General Assembly: 79 (01/08/2001 - 01/12/2003)
- General Assembly: 78 (01/11/1999 - 01/07/2001)
No Party Specified
Served two terms in House. Serving second term in Senate.
Graduated from West Branch High School. Received B.A. from Beloit College, Wisconsin.
Memberships and Activities
Third generation involved in family agribusiness at West Branch. Former award-winning newspaper publisher, editor, reporter, and photojournalist, and leader in local economic development and historic preservation. Camp manager of three scientific research expeditions to Antarctica and the Arctic, 1976-1979. Member of eight chambers of commerce and numerous farm, dairy, cattle, cultural, conservation, and natural resources organizations. Recipient of Distinguished Service Award from Iowa FFA, Chamber of Commerce, Iowa Newspaper Association, and Iowa High School Football Coaches Association. Lector at St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Ashton.
Birth and Residence
Born in 1950 in West Branch. Resides in Ocheyedan.
82nd GA (2007)
- Animal Feeding of Distillers Dried Grains Study Committee (07/06/2007 - 06/30/2008)
- Livestock Odor Study Committee (07/06/2007 - 06/30/2008)
- Mental Health, Mental Retardation, Developmental Disabilities, and Brain Injury Services Funding Study Committee (07/21/2006 - 05/31/2007)
- Sustainable Funding for Natural Resources Study Committee (07/06/2007 - 06/30/2008)
- Single Point of Entry Long-term Living Resources System Team (08/07/2007 - 05/10/2008)