Senator Maggie Tinsman View All Years
- General Assembly: 81 (01/10/2005 - 01/07/2007) ▼
- General Assembly: 81 (01/10/2005 - 01/07/2007)
- General Assembly: 80 (01/13/2003 - 01/09/2005)
- General Assembly: 79 (01/08/2001 - 01/12/2003)
- General Assembly: 78 (01/11/1999 - 01/07/2001)
- General Assembly: 77 (01/13/1997 - 01/10/1999)
- General Assembly: 76 (01/09/1995 - 01/12/1997)
- General Assembly: 75 (01/11/1993 - 01/08/1995)
- General Assembly: 74 (01/14/1991 - 01/10/1993)
- General Assembly: 73 (01/09/1989 - 01/13/1991)
Serving fifth term in Senate.
Received B.A. from the University of Colorado and M.S.W. from the University of Iowa.
Memberships and Activities
Former member of the Scott County Board of Supervisors. Member of the board of directors for the American Lung Association of Illinois Iowa, FINE Foundation, and I-JAG. Member of Iowa Empowerment Board, Pleasant Valley School District Strategic Planning Team, Davenport Rotary, American Association of University Women, Junior League of the Quad Cities, St. Peter's Episcopal Church, Assertive Community Treatment Covering Kids and Families, and Iowa Tobacco Prevention and Control Commission. Served as commissioner for Iowa Department of Elder Affairs, 1983-1989. Candidate for U.S. Senate, 1996.
Birth and Residence
Born in Moline, IL. Resides in Bettendorf.
Husband Hovey; two sons, one daughter, and seven grandchildren.
81st GA (2005)