Senator Julian B. Garrett View All Years
- General Assembly: 89 (01/11/2021 - 01/08/2023) ▼
- General Assembly: 90 (01/09/2023 - 01/12/2025)
- General Assembly: 89 (01/11/2021 - 01/08/2023)
- General Assembly: 88 (01/14/2019 - 01/10/2021)
- General Assembly: 87 (01/09/2017 - 01/13/2019)
- General Assembly: 86 (01/12/2015 - 01/08/2017)
- General Assembly: 85 (01/14/2013 - 01/11/2015)
- General Assembly: 84 (01/10/2011 - 01/13/2013)
Serving second full term in Senate. Finished one year of a prior term in 2014. Served one full term in the House, and one year of a second term.
Farmer and retired attorney.
Graduated from Central College and the University of Iowa College of Law.
Memberships and Activities
Chairman of the Justice System Appropriations Subcommittee. Member of the following committees: Judiciary, Human Resources, Appropriations, and Local Government. Member of Farm Bureau and National Rifle Association. Served 12 years as Assistant Attorney General in charge of consumer protection. Former volunteer Little League and soccer coach, served on the Indianola Little League Board of Directors, and coached middle school mock trial teams. Member of the Lutheran Church (Missouri Synod).
Birth and Residence
Born in 1940 in Des Moines. Raised on a farm near Pella and resides in Warren County.
Wife, Nancy; three sons.
89th GA (2021)