Senator Annette Sweeney View All Years
- General Assembly: 88 (01/14/2019 - 01/10/2021) ▼
- General Assembly: 90 (01/09/2023 - 01/12/2025)
- General Assembly: 89 (01/11/2021 - 01/08/2023)
- General Assembly: 88 (01/14/2019 - 01/10/2021)
- General Assembly: 87 (01/09/2017 - 01/13/2019)
- General Assembly: 84 (01/10/2011 - 01/13/2013)
- General Assembly: 83 (01/12/2009 - 01/09/2011)
Serving second term in Senate. Served two terms in the House.
Home-raised business owner of Practical Promotions; operates family cattle operation and former teacher.
Received B.S. in education in English, speech/drama with a minor in coaching at Concordia College LCMS, Seward, Nebraska.
Memberships and Activities
Serving on the International Board of the State Agriculture and Rural Leaders Association. Recipient of the 2011 Herbert Hoover Uncommon Public Service Award and the Iowa Environmental Leader Award. Former executive director of Iowa Angus Association. Served on Ellsworth Community Ag Advisory Council, Hubbard-Radcliffe and South Hardin Vocational Ag Advisory Boards, Hardin County Extension Council, Iowa Women in Agriculture Board, and Iowa Soybean Ag-Urban Leadership Initiative. Named as “Friend of Farm Bureau.” Served on Congressman Tom Latham’s Ag Committee, a 4-H Leader, and Sunday school teacher.
Birth and Residence
Born in 1957 and raised on family’s third-generation farm near Radcliffe. Resides in rural Buckeye.
Husband, Dave; two sons.
88th GA (2019)