Representative Heather Matson View All Years
Serving first term in House.
Political and government affairs professional.
Received B.A. in government from Western New England College and M.A. in legislative affairs from George Washington University.
Memberships and Activities
Vice Chair, Interfaith Alliance of Iowa Board of Directors. Member, Ankeny Kiwanis Club; New Leaders Council, Des Moines Chapter Advisory Committee; and Prairie Trail Elementary PTO.
Birth and Residence
Born in 1976 in Rhode Island. Resides in Ankeny.
Husband, Chris; one daughter and one son.
88th GA (2019)
- Economic Growth (01/14/2019 - 01/10/2021)
- Education (01/14/2019 - 01/10/2021)
- Environmental Protection (01/14/2019 - 01/10/2021)
- Human Resources (01/14/2019 - 01/10/2021)
- Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee (01/14/2019 - 01/10/2021)
- International Relations Committee (01/14/2019 - 01/10/2021)
- School Finance Formula Review Committee (08/27/2019 - 01/10/2021)
- Medical Assistance Advisory Council [Title XIX] (05/06/2019 - 01/10/2021)