Senator Julian B. Garrett View All Years
Serving second term in Senate. Served two terms in House.
Attorney and farmer.
Graduated from Central College in Pella and the University of Iowa College of Law.
Memberships and Activities
Chairman of the Local Government Committee. Member of the following committees and subcommittees: Judiciary, Human Relations, Appropriations, and Justice System Appropriations. Member of Farm Bureau. Member of National Rifle Association. Served 12 years as Assistant Attorney General in charge of consumer protection. Former volunteer Little League and soccer coach, served on the Indianola Little League Board of Directors, and coached middle school mock trial teams. Member of the Lutheran Church (Missouri Synod).
Birth and Residence
Born in 1940 in Des Moines. Raised on a farm near Pella and resides in Warren County.
Wife, Nancy; three sons.
87th GA (2017)
- Civil and Criminal Forfeiture Laws Study Committee (11/17/2016 - 06/30/2017)
- Prescription Pain Medications Study Committee (11/22/2016 - 06/30/2017)
- Violence in Iowa Study Committee (11/22/2016 - 06/30/2017)
- Child Welfare Advisory Committee (02/27/2017 - 01/13/2019)
- Commission on Tobacco Use Prevention and Control (02/27/2017 - 01/13/2019)