Representative Peter Cownie View All Years
86 (2015) - 87 (2017)
Serving fifth term in House.
Executive Director, Iowa State Fair Blue Ribbon Foundation.
Attended West Des Moines Dowling High School. Received B.A. in American government from the University of Virginia and Master’s in public administration with emphasis in public policy from Drake University.
Memberships and Activities
Served on the West Des Moines Community Enrichment Foundation Board and the West Des Moines Human Services Board. Currently serves on the Dowling Catholic High School Foundation Board, Grand View University Board of Trustees, Meals from the Heartland Board of Directors, the University of Virginia Excellence in Economics Campaign, and First Tee of Central Iowa Board of Directors. Member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church in West Des Moines.
Birth and Residence
Born in 1980 in Des Moines. Raised in Des Moines and resides in West Des Moines.
Wife, Mary; two sons.
87th GA (2017)
- Commerce (Chair) (01/14/2013 - 01/13/2019)
- Natural Resources (01/09/2017 - 01/13/2019)
- State Government (01/09/2017 - 01/13/2019)
- Ways and Means (Chair) (05/15/2018 - 11/26/2018)
- Ways and Means (11/26/2018 - 01/13/2019)
- Administration Committee (02/05/2015 - 01/13/2019)
- Fiscal Committee (01/14/2013 - 01/13/2019)
- Legislative Council (01/14/2013 - 01/13/2019)
- Studies Committee (01/14/2013 - 01/13/2019)
- Tax Expenditure Committee (10/12/2018 - 11/26/2018)
- Iowa Commission on Interstate Cooperation (09/16/2015 - 01/10/2017)
87th GA (2017)