Senator Jim Carlin View All Years
Serving first term in House.
Received bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Massachusetts and J.D. from Marquette University.
Memberships and Activities
Founding member of the Giving Exchange. Member of Siouxland Chamber of Commerce, National Federation of Independent Businesses, National Rifle Association, American Legion, Iowa’s Family Leader, and Morningside Assembly of God Church.
Birth and Residence
Born in 1962 in Pittsfield, Massachusetts. Resides in Sioux City.
Wife, Donna; two daughters and one son.
87th GA (2017)
- Education (01/09/2017 - 12/21/2017)
- Judiciary (Vice Chair) (01/09/2017 - 12/21/2017)
- Veterans Affairs (01/09/2017 - 12/21/2017)
- Ways and Means (01/09/2017 - 12/21/2017)
- Justice System Appropriations Subcommittee (01/09/2017 - 12/21/2017)
- Child Support Advisory Committee (04/07/2017 - 12/21/2017)
- Commercial Air Service Retention and Expansion Committee (06/15/2018 - 01/13/2019)
- Statewide Fire and Police Retirement System Board of Trustees (06/15/2018 - 01/13/2019)