Senator Charles Schneider View All Years
Serving second term in Senate.
Counsel at Principal Financial Group.
Received B.A. from Creighton University, J.D. and M.B.A. from University of Iowa.
Memberships and Activities
West Des Moines City Councilman, 2007 – 2013. Served on the boards of Central Iowa Shelter and Services, West Des Moines Development Corporation, West Des Moines Chamber of Commerce, Metro Waste Authority, and Wastewater Reclamation Authority. Graduate of Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute, 2006 – 2007, and Leadership Iowa, 2003 – 2004. Des Moines Business Record’s Forty Under 40, 2007. Member of Knights of Columbus.
Birth and Residence
Born in 1973 in Davenport. Raised in Muscatine, Clive, Newton, and Richmond, Virginia. Resides in West Des Moines.
87th GA (2017)
- Appropriations (Chair) (01/09/2017 - 06/08/2018)
- Rules and Administration (03/13/2018 - 03/15/2018)
- Fiscal Committee (01/12/2017 - 06/13/2018)
- International Relations Committee (Chair) (12/21/2017 - 01/17/2018)
- Public Retirement Systems Committee (09/10/2015 - 02/28/2017)
- Civil and Criminal Forfeiture Laws Study Committee (11/17/2016 - 06/30/2017)