Senator Julian B. Garrett View All Years
- General Assembly: 86 (01/12/2015 - 01/08/2017) ▼
- General Assembly: 89 (01/11/2021 - 01/08/2023)
- General Assembly: 88 (01/14/2019 - 01/10/2021)
- General Assembly: 87 (01/09/2017 - 01/13/2019)
- General Assembly: 86 (01/12/2015 - 01/08/2017)
- General Assembly: 85 (01/14/2013 - 01/11/2015)
- General Assembly: 84 (01/10/2011 - 01/13/2013)
Serving second term in Senate. Served two terms in House.
Attorney and farmer.
Graduated from Central College in Pella and the University of Iowa College of Law.
Memberships and Activities
Ranking Member of the Government Oversight Committee and the Justice System Appropriations Subcommittee. Member of Farm Bureau. Served 12 years as Assistant Attorney General in charge of consumer protection. Former volunteer Little League and soccer coach, served on the Indianola Little League Board of Directors, and coached middle school mock trial teams. Member of the Lutheran Church (Missouri Synod).
Birth and Residence
Born in 1940 in Des Moines. Raised on a farm near Pella and resides in Warren County.
Wife, Nancy; three sons.
86th GA (2015)