Senator Thomas G. Courtney View All Years
- General Assembly: 86 (01/12/2015 - 01/08/2017) ▼
- General Assembly: 86 (01/12/2015 - 01/08/2017)
- General Assembly: 85 (01/14/2013 - 01/11/2015)
- General Assembly: 84 (01/10/2011 - 01/13/2013)
- General Assembly: 83 (01/12/2009 - 01/09/2011)
- General Assembly: 82 (01/08/2007 - 01/11/2009)
- General Assembly: 81 (01/10/2005 - 01/07/2007)
- General Assembly: 80 (01/13/2003 - 01/09/2005)
Serving fourth term in Senate.
Retired from Case Company in Burlington. Served six years as bargaining chair for UAW Local 807 and was the union production safety representative from 1988 until retirement in 2002.
Graduated from Wapello High School.
Served six years active duty in the U.S. Air Force as an air traffic controller.
Memberships and Activities
Served as S.E. Iowa Community Action Program chair. Served eight years on the Burlington School Board, six years as president. Former chairman of the Burlington Civil Service Commission. Served on the Iowa Judicial Nominating Commission, currently serves on the Regional Workforce Development Board for Region 16, and member of AMVETS. Served on steering committee for Community Health Center of S.E. Iowa and Heartland Center for Occupational Health and Safety Board. Past chair of the Des Moines County Democrats.
Birth and Residence
Born in 1947 in Burlington. Raised in Wapello and resides in Burlington.
Wife, Nancy; one son, two daughters, and four grandchildren.
86th GA (2015)
86th GA (2015)