Senator Janet Petersen
- Appropriations (01/14/2013 - 01/12/2015)
- Commerce (Vice Chair) (01/14/2013 - 01/12/2015)
- Government Oversight (Chair) (01/14/2013 - 01/12/2015)
- Judiciary (01/14/2013 - null)
- State Government (01/14/2013 - null)
- Ways and Means (01/14/2013 - null)
- State Government Efficiency Review Committee (01/28/2013 - 02/04/2015)
- Integrated Health Care Models and Multi-payer Delivery Systems Study Committee (08/01/2013 - null)
- Child Care Advisory Committee (01/28/2013 - 01/12/2015)
- Child Support Advisory Committee (01/28/2013 - 01/12/2015)
Served six terms in House. Serving first term in the Senate.
Communications/marketing consultant. Founder of Healthy Birth Day.
Received B.A. in communications and public relations from the University of Northern Iowa and M.A. in integrated communications from Drake University.
Memberships and Activities
Attends Plymouth Congregational Church. Board member of Healthy Birth Day.
Birth and Residence
Born in 1970 in Des Moines. Resides in Des Moines.
Husband, Brian Pattinson; two sons and one daughter.