Senator Daryl Beall View All Years
- General Assembly: 84 (01/10/2011 - 01/13/2013) ▼
- General Assembly: 85 (01/14/2013 - 01/11/2015)
- General Assembly: 84 (01/10/2011 - 01/13/2013)
- General Assembly: 83 (01/12/2009 - 01/09/2011)
- General Assembly: 82 (01/08/2007 - 01/11/2009)
- General Assembly: 81 (01/10/2005 - 01/07/2007)
- General Assembly: 80 (01/13/2003 - 01/09/2005)
Serving third term in Senate.
Former teacher and journalist. Taught political science courses at Urbandale High School, created the government intern program, and earned the Teacher’s Medal from the Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge.
Earned A.A. from Iowa Central Community College, B.A. from Buena Vista University, and M.P.A. from Drake University.
Memberships and Activities
Recipient of the Herbert Hoover Uncommon Public Service Award, 2010. Designated a Fellow at the Taft Institute of Government at Macalester College in St. Paul, Minnesota. Elected justice of the peace in Dallas County. Served two terms on the Fort Dodge School Board. Ran for Secretary of State at the age of 25 and holds the record for being the youngest statewide candidate in Iowa. Editor and publisher of weekly and daily newspapers in Iowa, Colorado, and South Dakota. Member of Kiwanis and Trinity United Methodist Church.
Birth and Residence
Born in 1946 in Fort Dodge. Resides in Fort Dodge.
Wife, JoAnn; three children and 10 grandchildren.
84th GA (2011)
84th GA (2011)