Representative Thomas R. Sands View All Years
- General Assembly: 84 (01/10/2011 - 01/13/2013) ▼
- General Assembly: 86 (01/12/2015 - 01/08/2017)
- General Assembly: 85 (01/14/2013 - 01/11/2015)
- General Assembly: 84 (01/10/2011 - 01/13/2013)
- General Assembly: 83 (01/12/2009 - 01/09/2011)
- General Assembly: 82 (01/08/2007 - 01/11/2009)
- General Assembly: 81 (01/10/2005 - 01/07/2007)
- General Assembly: 80 (01/13/2003 - 01/09/2005)
85 (2013) - 86 (2015)
Serving fifth term in House.
Assistant vice president, Columbus Junction State Bank, certified real estate appraiser, and farm owner.
Graduated from Columbus Community High School and attended Muscatine Community College.
Memberships and Activities
Served on Columbus Junction City Council. Served as finance chair for City of Columbus Junction. Former township trustee for Concord Township, and Louisa County Republican Central Committee chair. Charter member of the Sons of the American Legion and past first commander. Member of Iowa Corn Growers Association, National Corn Growers Association, Iowa Soybean Association, Iowa Cattleman’s Association, Masonic Lodge, Kaaba Shriner, Louisa County Pheasants Forever, National Rifle Association, Farm Bureau, Columbus Community Club, and Mediapolis United Methodist Church. Certified lay speaker.
Birth and Residence
Born in 1954 in Muscatine. Resides in Wapello.
Wife, Catherine J. Miller-Sands; two sons, one daughter, and five grandchildren.
84th GA (2011)