Senator Herman Quirmbach View All Years
- General Assembly: 83 (01/12/2009 - 01/09/2011) ▼
- General Assembly: 89 (01/11/2021 - 01/08/2023)
- General Assembly: 88 (01/14/2019 - 01/10/2021)
- General Assembly: 87 (01/09/2017 - 01/13/2019)
- General Assembly: 86 (01/12/2015 - 01/08/2017)
- General Assembly: 85 (01/14/2013 - 01/11/2015)
- General Assembly: 84 (01/10/2011 - 01/13/2013)
- General Assembly: 83 (01/12/2009 - 01/09/2011)
- General Assembly: 82 (01/08/2007 - 01/11/2009)
- General Assembly: 81 (01/10/2005 - 01/07/2007)
- General Assembly: 80 (01/13/2003 - 01/09/2005)
Serving second term in Senate.
Associate professor of economics at Iowa State University.
Graduated from Central High School in Brookfield, Wisconsin. Received B.A. in government with honors from Harvard and M.A. and Ph.D. in economics from Princeton.
Memberships and Activities
City Council for the 4th Ward of Ames, 1995-2003, and Ames mayor pro tem, 2002. Served as treasurer of Story County Democratic Central Committee. Served on board of directors of the Ames Convention and Visitors Bureau, Mayor’s Veishea Task Force, Story County REAP Committee, and Ames Utility Retirement Board. Member of Ames Chamber of Commerce, Kiwanis Club of Ames, Ames Patriotic Council, Ames League of Women Voters, and Story County Tobacco Task Force. Served as co-chair of Ames Veterans Memorial Committee. Leadership Ames graduate.
Birth and Residence
Born in 1950 in St. Paul, Minnesota, and raised in Mahtomedi, Minnesota, and Brookfield, Wisconsin. Resides in Ames.
83rd GA (2009)