Dedicated to Making
Good Government Better
Services We Offer
- Investigate a complaint against an agency, official or employee of Iowa state and local government independently and impartially, and in a confidential manner, to the extent possible as provided by law.
- Work with an agency to attempt to resolve a problem when an investigation shows that the agency has acted contrary to law, unreasonably or unfairly, or has made a mistake.
- Make recommendations to agencies for administrative or policy changes, when appropriate.
- Make recommendations to the Iowa General Assembly for legislation, when appropriate.
- Answer questions relating to government or refer a person to suitable agency or entity for answers.
Services We Cannot Provide
- Investigate the acts of the Iowa General Assembly or its legislative agencies and employees.
- Investigate the acts of the Governor or of the Governor's personal staff.
- Investigate or review the acts or decisions of courts or judges or staff of the judicial system.
- Investigate agencies which are established pursuant to interstate compacts and answerable to more than one state.
- Investigate complaints of employees of agencies of government regarding the employment relationship with the agency.
- Investigate agencies of the federal government.
- Investigate actions between private parties which do not involve agencies of state or local government.
||Privacy | ADA | PDF Reader/Help