Bills Sponsored by Judiciary
- Senate File
- Senate File 2374 ( BH ): ... the liability for unpaid rates or charges of a city utility or enterprise service. (Formerly SSB 3170).
- Senate File 2372 ( BH ): ... certain providers of consumer services by eliminating the registration requirement for physical exercise clubs, making social referral service providers subject to provisions relating to door-to-door...
- Senate File 2363 ( BH ): ...employees of the department of corrections to donate sick leave for a catastrophic illness incurred in the line of duty. (Formerly SSB 3203).
- Senate File 2358 ( BH ): ... the carrying and transportation of unloaded antique firearms. (Formerly SF 2039).
- Senate File 2325 ( BH ): ... the crimes of burglary and forgery. (Formerly SSB 3161).
- Senate File 2324 ( BH ): ... DNA profiling. (Formerly SSB 3019). Effective 7-1-00.
- Senate File 2309 ( BH ): ... the sales of beer kegs by requiring an identification number on each keg of beer, by recording the purchase of beer by the keg, and providing a penalty. (Formerly SF 2231).
- Senate File 2308 ( BH ): ... domestic violence protective orders and harassment via electronic communications and making penalties applicable. Effective 7-1-00.
- Senate File 2303 ( BH ): ... judicial administration by providing for benefits applicable to judicial branch employees, the allocation of magistrates, and the manner of making certain noncourt and administrative appointments, an...
- Senate File 2282 ( BH ): ... a criminal sentence subject to the maximum accumulation of good time credits of fifteen percent of the total sentence of confinement. (Formerly SSB 3055).
- Senate File 2276 ( BH ): ... the application of earned time credits against a criminal sentence and providing an effective date. Effective 1-1-01.
- Senate File 2275 ( BH ): ... revocations of driver's licenses for an operating while intoxicated offense, and providing an effective date.
- Senate File 2265 ( BH ): ...to provide an additional sentence of parole or work release for certain persons who commit the crime of lascivious acts with a child. (Formerly SSB 3074.) Effective 7-1-00.
- Senate File 2250 ( BH ): ... the civil commitment of dangerously violent persons. (Formerly SSB 3135).
- Senate File 2246 ( BH ): ... the accumulation of credit upon an inmate's sentence for Iowa inmates incarcerated in another jurisdiction. (Formerly SSB 3058.) Effective 7-1-00.
- Senate File 2245 ( BH ): ... law enforcement agencies, and to the enforcement of criminal offenses and local ordinances, and making penalties applicable. Effective 7-1-00.
- Senate File 2243 ( BH ): ... the placement in treatment programs of offenders sentenced for operating while intoxicated violations. (Formerly SSB 3134.) Effective 7-1-00.
- Senate File 2241 ( BH ): ... penalties and regulations concerning certain criminal offenses and liquor licenses and permits. Effective 7-1-00.
- Senate File 2221 ( BH ): ... juvenile court jurisdiction and the prosecution of juveniles in juvenile and district court. (Formerly SSB 3067). Effective 7-1-00.
- Senate File 2220 ( BH ): ... forcible entry and detainer actions in small claims court following a default on a contract for deed. (Formerly SF 2099). Vetoed 4-13-00.
- Senate File 2212 ( BH ): ...the administration of clerk of court offices. (Formerly SSB 3070). Effective 7-1-00.
- Senate File 2146 ( BH ): ... the appearance in court and the release from custody of certain criminal defendants. (Formerly SSB 3021). Effective 7-1-00.
- Senate File 2145 ( BH ): ... the national crime prevention and privacy compact. (Formerly SSB 3068). Effective 7-1-00.
- Senate File 2142 ( BH ): ... crime victim compensation. (Formerly SSB 3066). Effective 7-1-00.
- Senate File 2112 ( BH ): ... the criminal jurisdiction of the state regarding the crimes of escape and absence from custody. (Formerly SSB 3020).
- Senate File 2092 ( BH ): ... statutory corrections which may adjust language to reflect current practices, insert earlier omissions, delete redundancies and inaccuracies, delete temporary language, resolve inconsistencies and co...
- Senate File 2079 ( BH ): ... the prohibition of shipping or importing into the state, or the offering for sale, selling, transporting, distributing, or possessing within the state, of cigarettes and tobacco products which were p...
- Senate File 451 ( BH ): ... the payment of the legal defense costs of indigent persons, expanding the duties of the state public defender, and providing for the appointment and removal of certain state public defender personnel...
- Senate File 437 ( BH ): ... notification regarding mechanics' liens. (Formerly SSB 1076). Effective 7-1-99.
- Senate File 432 ( BH ): ... the establishment of an automatic temporary financial protective order against the parties to a dissolution of marriage, separate maintenance, or annulment action, and limiting certain actions relati...
- Senate File 429 ( BH ): ... notification of forfeited and cancelled mechanic's liens, challenging a mechanic's lien, and providing a remedy. (Formerly SSB 1022). Effective 7-1-99.
- Senate File 423 ( BH ): ...prohibiting the loaning of money for gambling purposes through a credit card or an electronic or mechanical device at a licensed gambling facility. (Formerly SSB 1169).
- Senate File 422 ( BH ): ...providing for a08 blood alcohol concentration standard for operating while intoxicated offenses. (Formerly SSB 1045.) ...
- Senate File 421 ( BH ): ...to extend the jurisdiction of the juvenile court to include adoption and termination of parental rights proceedings. (Formerly SSB 1187.) Effective 7-1-00.
- Senate File 395 ( BH ): ... the department of corrections by providing for purchases from Iowa prison industries, the study of inmate worker safety issues, the establishment of a criminal offense for attempts to escape, the cre...
- Senate File 367 ( BH ): ...adopting the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act. (Formerly SF 129). Effective 7-1-99.
- Senate File 309 ( BH ): ... the interception of communications and providing penalties. (Formerly SSB 1132). Effective 7-1-99.
- Senate File 303 ( BH ): ... that the clerk of the district court confirm that notice has been given to required parties prior to the filing of a nonstatutory lien. (Formerly SSB 1109). Effective 7-1-99.
- Senate File 294 ( BH ): ... lifetime registration for certain sex offenders, the performance of sex offender risk assessments, and the procedures for dissemination of registry information to agencies and the public. (Formerly S...
- Senate File 216 ( BH ): ... the commitment of sexually violent predators, by changing the deadline for filing a petition by the attorney general; providing for waiver or continuance of the probable cause hearing; granting great...
- Senate File 209 ( BH ): ...establishing a uniform standard for determination of death. (Formerly SF 12).
- Senate File 193 ( BH ): ... the duties of a guardian ad litem appointed to represent a child in juvenile court proceedings. (Formerly SSB 1092). Effective 7-1-99.
- Senate File 192 ( BH ): ... open containers in motor vehicles and providing a penalty. (Formerly SSB 1046). Effective 7-1-99.
- Senate File 189 ( BH ): ...to change the penalty for and to reclassify certain misdemeanors. (Formerly SSB 1108). Effective 7-1-99.
- Senate File 150 ( BH ): ...judicial administration. (Formerly SSB 1093). Effective 7-1-99.
- Senate File 102 ( BH ): ... nonsubstantive Code corrections. (Formerly SSB 1065). Effective 7-1-99.
- Senate File 101 ( BH ): ... the offense of promoting or possessing contraband in prisons and detention facilities and establishing penalties. (Formerly SSB 1020). Effective 7-1-99.
- Senate Resolution
- No Senate Resolution sponsored.
- Senate Concurrent Resolution
- No Senate Concurrent Resolution sponsored.
- Senate Joint Resolution
- No Senate Joint Resolution sponsored.
© 1999 Cornell College and
League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Tue Aug 29 13:35:04 CDT 2000