Unless created to avoid the application of this chapter, the following arrangements are not governed by this chapter:
1. Residence at an institution, public or private, if incidental to detention or the provision of medical, geriatric, educational, counseling, religious, or similar service.
2. Occupancy under a contract of sale of a dwelling unit or the property of which it is a part, if the occupant is the purchaser or a person who succeeds to the purchaser's interest.
3. Occupancy by a member of a fraternal or social organization in the portion of a structure operated for the benefit of the organization.
4. Transient occupancy in a hotel, motel or other similar lodgings.
5. Occupancy by an employee of a landlord whose right to occupancy is conditional upon employment in and about the premises.
6. Occupancy by an owner of a condominium unit or a holder of a proprietary lease in a co-operative.
7. Occupancy under a rental agreement covering premises used by the occupant primarily for agricultural purposes.
8. Occupancy in housing owned by a nonprofit organization whose purpose is to provide transitional housing for persons released from drug or alcohol treatment facilities and in housing for homeless persons.
[C79, 81, § 562A.5]
95 Acts, ch 125, §2
Previous Section 562A.4
Next Section 562A.6
© 2003 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Tue Jan 28 13:52:42 CST 2003