1. The HAWK-I program, a statewide program designed to improve the health of children and to provide health insurance coverage to eligible children on a regional basis which complies with Title XXI of the federal Social Security Act, is established and shall be implemented January 1, 1999.
2. Health insurance coverage under the program shall be provided by participating insurers and through qualified child health plans.
3. The department of human services is designated to receive the state and federal funds appropriated or provided for the program, and to submit and maintain the state plan for the program, which is approved by the health care financing administration of the United States department of health and human services.
4. Nothing in this chapter shall be construed or is intended as, or shall imply, a grant of entitlement for services to persons who are eligible for participation in the program based upon eligibility consistent with the requirements of this chapter. Any state obligation to provide services pursuant to this chapter is limited to the extent of the funds appropriated or provided for this chapter.
5. Participating insurers under this chapter are not subject to the requirements of chapters 513B and 513C.
98 Acts, ch 1196, §4, 16
Previous Section 514I.2
Next Section 514I.4
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001