The duties of the director shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Adopt rules that are necessary for the effective administration of the department.
2. Direct and administer the programs and services of the department.
3. Prepare the departmental budget request by September first of each year on the forms furnished, and including the information required by the department of management.
4. Accept, receive, and administer grants or other funds or gifts from public or private agencies including the federal government for the various divisions and the department.
5. Appoint and approve the technical, professional, secretarial, and clerical staff necessary to accomplish the purposes of the department subject to chapter 19A.
The director may appoint a member of the staff to be acting director who shall have the powers delegated by the director in the director's absence. The director may delegate the powers and duties of that office to the administrators.
86 Acts, ch 1245, § 1302; 87 Acts, ch 211, § 4; 93 Acts, ch 48, §49
Previous Section 303.1
Next Section 303.2
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001