1. Notwithstanding section 8.57, subsection 5, paragraph "c", there is appropriated from the rebuild Iowa infrastructure fund created in section 8.57, to the department of education for each fiscal year of the fiscal period beginning July 1, 1997, and ending June 30, 2001, the sum of three million dollars for the community college vocational- technical technology improvement program.
2. Moneys appropriated in subsection 1 shall be allocated by the department of education to each community college on the basis of each community college's share of overall community college student enrollment. The overall enrollment and each community college district's share of the overall enrollment shall be determined utilizing refined enrollment reporting methods approved by the department of education using data from the most recently concluded fiscal year. The department of education shall determine enrollment share percentages for each community college district for purposes of allocating the moneys.
3. For each year in which an appropriation is made to the community college vocational-technical technology improvement program, the department of education shall notify the department of revenue and finance of the amount to be paid to each community college based upon the allocation criteria set forth for the appropriation pursuant to subsection 2. Allocations to each community college under this section shall be made in one payment on or about October 15 and one payment on or about February 15 of the fiscal year in which the appropriation is made, taking into consideration the relative budget and cash position of the state resources.
4. Moneys received by a community college under this section shall not be commingled with general state financial aid, including financial aid to merged areas in lieu of personal property tax replacement payments, to merged areas as defined in section 260C.2, and including moneys received for vocational education programs in accordance with chapters 258 and 260C. Payments made to a community college shall be accounted for by the community college separately from other state aid payments. Each community college shall maintain a separate listing within its budget accounting for payments received and expenditures made pursuant to this section and section 260A.3.
5. Moneys received under this section shall supplement, not supplant, the moneys each community college budgets for technology. A community college may also use moneys received under this section for projects, as defined in section 8.57, subsection 5, paragraph "c", related to the acquisition or installation of technology. A community college shall not be eligible for funds under this section unless the community college, without including moneys received under this section, maintains the same average amount of expenditure for technology per year as the community college maintains during the fiscal period beginning July 1, 1994, and ending June 30, 1997.
6. Moneys received under this section shall not be used for payment of any collective bargaining agreement or arbitrator's decision negotiated or awarded under chapter 20.
97 Acts, ch 215, §24; 98 Acts, ch 1100, § 35; 98 Acts, ch 1223, § 23
Referred to in § 260A.3
Previous Section 259A.6
Next Section 260A.2
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001