The commission may do all of the following:
1. Cooperate with other entities conducting national, regional, state, or local events promoting the bicentennial.
2. Plan, assist, coordinate, or conduct bicentennial events.
3. Engage in fund-raising activities, including revenue-earning enterprises and the solicitation of grants, gifts, and donations.
4. Promote public education concerning the Lewis and Clark expedition.
5. Coordinate interagency participation in the observance and work with appropriate federal entities such as the national park service, the United States forest service, and the United States army.
6. Appoint various local and regional advisory committees.
7. Perform any other related duties.
2000 Acts, ch 1127, §2, 6
Previous Section 15.221
Next Section 15.223
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001