1. Except as provided in section 455C.5, subsection 3, a dealer, a person operating a redemption center, a distributor or a manufacturer may refuse to accept any empty beverage container which does not have stated on it a refund value as provided under section 455C.2.
2. A dealer may refuse to accept and to pay the refund value of any empty beverage container if the place of business of the dealer and the kind and brand of empty beverage containers are included in an order of the department approving a redemption center under section 455C.6.
3. A dealer or a distributor may refuse to accept and to pay the refund value of an empty wine or alcoholic liquor container which is marked to indicate that it was sold by a state liquor store. The alcoholic beverages division shall not reimburse a dealer or a distributor the refund value on an empty wine or alcoholic liquor container which is marked to indicate that the container was sold by a state liquor store.
4. A class "E" liquor control licensee may refuse to accept and to pay the refund value on an empty alcoholic liquor container from a dealer or a redemption center or from a person acting on behalf of or who has received empty alcoholic liquor containers from a dealer or a redemption center.
5. A manufacturer or distributor may refuse to accept and to pay the refund value and reimbursement as provided in section 455C.2 on any empty beverage container that was picked up by a dealer agent from a dealer outside the geographic territory served by the manufacturer or distributor.
[C79, 81, § 455C.4]
85 Acts, ch 32, § 112; 87 Acts, ch 22, § 14, 15; 88 Acts, ch 1200, § 4; 89 Acts, ch 161, § 9
Referred to in § 455C.3
Previous Section 455C.3
Next Section 455C.5
© 1999 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Thu Mar 18 15:00:31 CST 1999