1. Each electric company, natural gas company, electric cooperative, municipal utility, and other person whose property is subject to the statewide property tax shall file with the director a return, on or before February 28 following the assessment year, including, but not limited to, the following information:
a. The assessed value of property subject to the statewide property tax.
b. The amount of statewide property tax computed on such assessed value.
2. The first return under subsection 1 is due on or before February 28, 2000.
3. If an electric company, natural gas company, electric cooperative, municipal utility, or person is not required to file a statewide property tax return on or before February 28, 2000, but is required to file a return after such date, the return shall be filed on or before the due date. This subsection also applies in the event of a consolidation.
4. A return shall be signed by an officer, or other person duly authorized by the taxpayer, and must be certified as correct and in accordance with rules and forms prescribed by the director.
5. At the time of filing the return with the director, the taxpayer shall calculate the statewide property tax owed for the assessment year and shall remit to the director the statewide property tax required to be shown to be due on the return.
98 Acts, ch 1194, §22, 40
Referred to in § 437A.24
Previous Section 437A.20
Next Section 437A.22
© 1999 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Thu Mar 18 15:00:31 CST 1999