1. A person riding an animal or driving an animal drawing a vehicle upon a roadway is subject to the provisions of this chapter applicable to the driver of a vehicle, except those provisions of this chapter which by their nature can have no application.
2. A person, including a peace officer, riding a bicycle on the highway is subject to the provisions of this chapter and has all the rights and duties under this chapter applicable to the driver of a vehicle, except those provisions of this chapter which by their nature can have no application or those provisions for which specific exceptions have been set forth regarding police bicycles.
3. A person propelling a bicycle on the highway shall not ride other than upon or astride a permanent and regular seat attached to the bicycle.
4. A person shall not use a bicycle on the highway to carry more persons at one time than the number of persons for which the bicycle is designed and equipped.
5. This section does not apply to the use of a bicycle in a parade authorized by proper permit from local authorities.
[C39, § 5017.07; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, § 321.234]
85 Acts, ch 40, §2; 97 Acts, ch 71, §2
Referred to in § 321.236, 805.8(2j)
Previous Section 321.233
Next Section 321.234A
© 1999 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Thu Mar 18 15:00:31 CST 1999