1. For the purposes of this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires, "services fund" means the county mental health, mental retardation, and developmental disabilities services fund created in subsection 2. The county finance committee created in section 333A.2 shall consult with the state-county management committee in adopting rules and prescribing forms for administering the services fund.
2. For the fiscal year beginning July 1, 1996, and succeeding fiscal years, county revenues from taxes and other sources designated for mental health, mental retardation, and developmental disabilities services shall be credited to the mental health, mental retardation, and developmental disabilities services fund of the county. The board shall make appropriations from the fund for payment of services provided under the county management plan approved pursuant to section 331.439. The county may pay for the services in cooperation with other counties by pooling appropriations from the fund with other counties or through county regional entities including but not limited to the county's mental health and developmental disabilities regional planning council created pursuant to section 225C.18.
3. For the fiscal year beginning July 1, 1996, and succeeding fiscal years, receipts from the state or federal government for such services shall be credited to the services fund, including moneys allotted to the county from the state payment made pursuant to section 331.439 and moneys allotted to the county for property tax relief pursuant to section 426B.1.
4. For the fiscal year beginning July 1, 1996, and for each subsequent fiscal year, the county shall certify a levy for payment of services. For each fiscal year, county revenues from taxes imposed by the county credited to the services fund shall not exceed an amount equal to the amount of base year expenditures for services as defined in section 331.438, less the amount of property tax relief to be received pursuant to section 426B.2, in the fiscal year for which the budget is certified. The county auditor and the board of supervisors shall reduce the amount of the levy certified for the services fund by the amount of property tax relief to be received. A levy certified under this section is not subject to the appeal provisions of sections 331.426 and 444.25B or to any other provision in law authorizing a county to exceed, increase, or appeal a property tax levy limit.
5. Appropriations specifically authorized to be made from the mental health, mental retardation, and developmental disabilities services fund shall not be made from any other fund of the county.
95 Acts, ch 206, §10; 96 Acts, ch 1183, §33; 96 Acts, ch 1205, §1; 96 Acts, ch 1219, §103; 97 Acts, ch 198, § 2; 2000 Acts, ch 1090, §1, 6; 2000 Acts, ch 1232, §5, 9, 10; 2001 Acts, ch 155, §1, 9-11
Referred to in § 123.38, 218.99, 225C.6, 225C.12, 331.422, 331.426, 331.434, 331.435, 331.438, 331.439, 426B.3, 426B.5, 444.25B
Reimbursement rate increase for purchase of service providers for fiscal years beginning July 1, 2000, and July 1, 2001; 2000 Acts, ch 1221, §3; 2001 Acts, ch 184, §2, 4, 15; 2001 Acts, ch 191, §34, 53
2001 amendments striking subsection 6 and repeal of related transition provisions take effect May 21, 2001, and apply retroactively to April 13, 2000; 2001 Acts, ch 155, §11
Previous Section 331.424
Next Section 331.424B
© 2002 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Thu Jan 24 10:51:05 CST 2002