326.23  Trip permits.

1.  The owner of a commercial vehicle which is properly registered and licensed in some other jurisdiction and is to be operated occasionally on highways in this state, may in lieu of payment of the annual registration fee for such vehicle obtain a trip permit authorizing operation of the vehicle on the highways of this state in interstate commerce for a period of not to exceed seventy-two hours. The fee for the trip permit shall be ten dollars.

2.  The department may enter into agreements with owners and operators of truck stops to permit the owners and operators of truck stops to issue trip permits subject to any conditions imposed by the department. In addition to the trip permit fee, the owner or operator of a truck stop may charge an issuance fee of not more than one dollar. For the purposes of this section, "truck stop" means any place of business which sells fuel normally used by trucks and which is open twenty-four hours per day.

Section History: Early form

  [C66, § 326.7; C71, 73, 75, § 326.23, 326.24; C77, 79, 81, § 326.23]

Internal References

  Referred to in § 326.2, 805.8A(13a)


  For applicable scheduled fines, see § 805.8A, subsection 13, paragraph a

Previous Section 326.22

Next Section 326.24

Return To Home index

© 2002 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa

Comments about this site or page? webmaster@legis.iowa.gov.
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.

Last update: Thu Jan 24 10:51:05 CST 2002