321.58  Application.

All manufactured home retailers,* transporters, new motor vehicle wholesalers licensed under chapter 322, and manufactured home retailers licensed under chapter 322B, upon payment of a fee of seventy dollars for two years, one hundred forty dollars for four years, or two hundred ten dollars for six years, may make application to the department upon the appropriate form for a certificate containing a general distinguishing number and for one or more special plates as appropriate to various types of vehicles subject to registration. The applicant shall also submit proof of the applicant's status as a bona fide transporter, new motor vehicle wholesaler licensed under chapter 322, manufactured home retailer licensed under chapter 322B, or manufactured home retailer,* as reasonably required by the department. Dealers in new vehicles shall furnish satisfactory evidence of a valid franchise with the manufacturer of the vehicles authorizing the dealership.

Section History: Early form

  [SS15, § 1571-m14; C24, 27, 31, 35, § 4888; C39, § 5004.02; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, § 321.58; 82 Acts, ch 1251, § 13]

Section History: Recent form

  92 Acts, ch 1175, § 2; 2000 Acts, ch 1016, §10; 2001 Acts, ch 153, §18

Internal References

  Referred to in § 321.57, 321.309


  *Terminology change from "dealer" to "manufactured home retailer" probably not intended; corrective legislation is pending

Previous Section 321.57

Next Section 321.59

Return To Home index

© 2002 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa

Comments about this site or page? webmaster@legis.iowa.gov.
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.

Last update: Thu Jan 24 10:51:05 CST 2002