It is a simple misdemeanor punishable as a scheduled violation under section 805.8A, subsection 2, paragraph "c", for any person to commit any of the following acts:
1. To operate any motor vehicle upon the highways upon which the certificate of title has been canceled, or while a certificate of registration of a motor vehicle is suspended or revoked.
2. For a dealer, or a person acting on behalf of a dealer to acquire, purchase, hold or display for sale a motor vehicle without having obtained a manufacturer's or importer's certificate or a certificate of title, or assignments thereof, unless otherwise provided in this chapter.
3. To fail to surrender a certificate of title, registration card, or registration plates upon cancellation, suspension, or revocation of the certificate or registration by the department and notice as prescribed in this chapter.
4. To sell, offer for sale, or transfer a motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer, except as provided in section 321.47 or 321.48, without obtaining a certificate of title in the name of the seller or transferor or without delivering to the purchaser or transferee a certificate of title or a manufacturer's or importer's certificate duly assigned to the purchaser or transferee as provided in this chapter.
5. To violate any of the other provisions of this chapter or any lawful rules adopted pursuant to this chapter.
6. For a dealer to sell or transfer a mobile home or manufactured home without delivering to the purchaser or transferee a certificate of title or a manufacturer's or importer's certificate properly assigned to the purchaser, or to transfer a mobile home or manufactured home without disclosing to the purchaser the owner of the mobile home or manufactured home in a manner prescribed by the department pursuant to rules, or to fail to certify within seven days to the proper county treasurer the information required under section 321.45, subsection 4, or to fail to apply for and obtain a certificate of title for a used mobile home or manufactured home, titled in Iowa, acquired by the dealer within thirty days from the date of acquisition as required under section 321.45, subsection 4.
[S13, § 1571-m24; C24, 27, 31, 35, § 5086; C39, § 5007.08; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, § 321.104; 82 Acts, ch 1251, § 15]
85 Acts, ch 195, § 33; 86 Acts, ch 1237, § 20; 87 Acts, ch 130, §5; 97 Acts, ch 108, §9; 99 Acts, ch 188, §13; 2000 Acts, ch 1154, §23; 2000 Acts, ch 1203, §5; 2001 Acts, ch 137, §5; 2001 Acts, ch 153, §17
Referred to in § 321.48, 805.8A(2c)
Previous Section 321.103
Next Section 321.105
© 2002 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Thu Jan 24 10:51:05 CST 2002