In order to develop and retain program jobs within the state, an agreement entered into under section 260G.3 may include a provision for program job credits based on program jobs identified in the agreement. If a program provides that part of the program costs are to be met by receipt of program job credits, the method to be used shall be as follows:
1. Program job credits shall be based upon the program job positions identified and agreed to in the agreement.
2. Eligibility for program job credits shall be based on certification of program job positions and program job wages by the employer at the time established in the agreement. An amount up to ten percent of the gross program job wage as certified by the employer in the agreement shall be credited from the total payment made by an employer pursuant to section 422.16. The employer shall receive a credit against all withholding taxes due by the employer regardless of whether or not the withholding from the employer of current program job wages is less than ten percent. The employer shall remit the amount of the credit quarterly in the same manner as withholding payments are reported to the department of revenue and finance, to the community college to be allocated to and when collected paid into a special fund of the community college to pay, in part, the program costs. When the program costs have been paid, the employer credits shall cease and any moneys received after the program costs have been paid shall be remitted to the treasurer of state to be deposited in the general fund of the state.
3. The employer shall certify to the department of revenue and finance that the program job credit is in accordance with the agreement and shall provide other information the department may require.
4. A community college shall certify to the department of revenue and finance that the amount of the program job credit is in accordance with an agreement and shall provide other information the department may require.
5. Employees from an employer participating in an agreement shall receive full credit for the amount withheld as provided in section 422.16.
6. Pursuant to an agreement or a statement of intent to enter into an agreement dated on or after July 1, 2000, program job credits may be allocated retroactively to program costs incurred on or after July 1, 2000.
2000 Acts, ch 1196, §4, 10; 2001 Acts, ch 99, §1, 2
Referred to in § 260G.2, 260G.7
Subsection 6 is effective May 2, 2001, and applies retroactively on and after July 1, 2000; 2001 Acts, ch 99, §2
Previous Section 260G.4
Next Section 260G.4B
© 2002 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Thu Jan 24 10:51:05 CST 2002